APL2
Author Message
 APL2

I work for a recruitment company and I have an urgent permanent role
that needs filling. If you are an APL Developer and are currently
seeking work, or you know anyone else, please email me details at

Fri, 14 May 2004 19:28:34 GMT
 APL2
Jeremy,

Can you provide some more details about the position?
ie.   Job location?   Which APL - APL+WIN, APL2, Dyalog?

Thanks,

geo

Quote:
> I work for a recruitment company and I have an urgent permanent role
> that needs filling. If you are an APL Developer and are currently
> seeking work, or you know anyone else, please email me details at

Mon, 17 May 2004 11:49:21 GMT
 APL2

Quote:
> Jeremy,

> Can you provide some more details about the position?
> ie.   Job location?   Which APL - APL+WIN, APL2, Dyalog?

> Thanks,

> geo

Let me guess ...

Client is Astrac Ltd
Location is Warwick, England
APL2 mainframe (VM and MVS)
Job is enhancing the old IC/E product
Salary isn't enough

Quote:

> > I work for a recruitment company and I have an urgent permanent role
> > that needs filling. If you are an APL Developer and are currently
> > seeking work, or you know anyone else, please email me details at

Mon, 17 May 2004 23:33:47 GMT
 APL2
Jeremy:

Can you provide me with some details of the position:

a. where is it?
b. What sort of company?
c. What level of expertise is required?
d. What level of remuneration is being offered?

and so on.
Thanks.
Robert

PS: I may be looking, in any event, for APL or J-based consulting
work in early January.  If you hear of anything, please let me know.
Thanks.

Quote:

--
Robert Bernecky                  Snake Island Research Inc.

+1 416 203 0854                  Toronto, Ontario M5J 2B9 Canada
http://www.snakeisland.com

Tue, 18 May 2004 00:57:25 GMT
 APL2

" Let me guess ...

Client is Astrac Ltd
Location is Warwick, England
APL2 mainframe (VM and MVS)
Job is enhancing the old IC/E product
Salary isn't enough "

Yep, spot on !
Salary ~35K.
They have been trawling for a long time,
tried to offer my services on contract basis
but did not get the courtesy of a reply.....
Regards,
Martin

Wed, 19 May 2004 10:01:53 GMT
 APL2
hmmm.....

Interesting IC/E is still alive and well then.

It might be a good exercise to move it to J

I moved it from VSAPL to APL2 many years ago
I also did the first port of it to a Laptop so moving it
to J would a nice touch.

Insidentally nice was a code name for parts of it once.

--

/Gosi

Quote:

> " Let me guess ...

> Client is Astrac Ltd
> Location is Warwick, England
> APL2 mainframe (VM and MVS)
> Job is enhancing the old IC/E product
> Salary isn't enough "

Mon, 24 May 2004 04:25:23 GMT
 APL2
Interesting - I sent my CV (contract only) and my response was the same
(i.e. there wasn't any).

Quote:

--

Bob Hoekstra:   APL & Unix Consultant
Tele:           +44 (0)1483 771028

Thu, 27 May 2004 10:57:56 GMT

1. APL2/2 to APL2/W95/NT

2. APL2 for OS/2 CSD 4

3. APL2 & GUI APL positions

4. Free APL2 seminar at L.A. City College

5. APL2/PC display font problem

6. DIF files & APL2/PC

7. APL2 via ftp

8. APL2/PC display font problem