Access and APL -- How about Excel
Author Message
 Access and APL -- How about Excel

I found the example on how to use Access from within APL very helpful. Does
anyone have an example for using Excel from within APL?

Thanks for any information.

Joe

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Posted from ewey-rwcmta.e{*filter*}.com [198.3.99.191]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:08:50 GMT
 Access and APL -- How about Excel
I use APL (APL2000) and move data between it and Excel (2000) all the time.
You might want to reference the last two APL2000 conference materials, or email
your specific question(s) and I'll try to address how I deal with it.

HTH.

Kevin

Quote:

> I found the example on how to use Access from within APL very helpful. Does
> anyone have an example for using Excel from within APL?

> Thanks for any information.

> Joe

> Send a cool gift with your E-Card
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> --
> Posted from ewey-rwcmta.e{*filter*}.com [198.3.99.191]
> via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:44:33 GMT
 Access and APL -- How about Excel

Quote:
> I found the example on how to use Access from within APL very helpful.
Does
> anyone have an example for using Excel from within APL?

There are a couple of samples distributed with Dyalog APL. The best ones
come with Release 9.0 of the interpreter. All the samples are based on OLE
Automation.
--
    WildHeart'2k1

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:54:03 GMT
 Access and APL -- How about Excel

|I found the example on how to use Access from within APL very helpful. Does
|anyone have an example for using Excel from within APL?

There's an APL+Win example in the new APL+Win 3.6 Reference Manual,
"An Example Using the Excel Spreadsheet", in Chapter 6, "Using ActiveX
in APL+Win".

Eric Landau, APL Solutions, Inc.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger." - Abbie Hoffman

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:46:09 GMT
 Access and APL -- How about Excel
how did that workspace work out???
Quote:

> I found the example on how to use Access from within APL very helpful. Does
> anyone have an example for using Excel from within APL?

> Thanks for any information.

> Joe

> Send a cool gift with your E-Card
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> --
> Posted from ewey-rwcmta.e{*filter*}.com [198.3.99.191]
> via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:03:12 GMT

1. APL+Win reading from Excel

2. APL and Excel ActiveX control

3. APL and Excel ActiveX control

4. APL2000 APL/Excel Paper/Tutorial

5. APL matrix to Excel (was Re: )

6. Fw: APL to and from Excel

7. APL to and from Excel

8. speaking of Excel (and APL)

9. APL to Excel

10. APL+WIN and EXCEL

11. Problems with DDE link between APL Win and Excel

12. excel (windows) files and apl