Cross Platform Shared Vars and IBM's APL2
Author Message
 Cross Platform Shared Vars and IBM's APL2

Has anyone successfully been able to use this touted capability. After
substantial investments of time and money for software, hardware and
knowledgable system consultants I still get the error:
 "gethostname() returns NULL" error from SVP Trace  followed by "Remote
Error in Connect():10061".
I am using IBM's TCPIP, am able to ping with no problems and can even use
AP119 successfully. However APL2's help desk maintains that my TCPIP must
be installed improperly and is unable to help me any further.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Sat, 15 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross Platform Shared Vars and IBM's APL2
Ed,
I don't suppose you will take much comfort from the fact that
I have.

David Liebtag was working with you on this, and he is out of the
office for the next two weeks.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that the next step was
IBM TCP/IP support.  Have you tried them?  Other customers I
have talked to did find them helpful.

Nancy Wheeler
APL Products and Services

Sun, 16 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'cross platform' database access

2. Eiffel's Cross-Platform Compatibility at the Data Level

3. Cross platform, or platform independent fortran 90 compilers?

4. Ordering IBM's APL2/PC

5. IBM's APL2/PC Version 1.02

6. APL2 on IBM's vector processors

7. IBM's APL2 for Sun Solaris

8. IBM's APL2/PC

9. IBM's APL2 announcements at APL93

10. Some IBM-platform Q's

11. APL glyphs, Yterm's emulation and IBM's APL2 . IBM's TryAPL2

12. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share