That Memorex Terminal
Author Message
 That Memorex Terminal

Bob,

You're being *slightly* harsh on those Memorex terminals. I can't remember
just how, but the ones we had did allow you to know where you were going
to type, and it was possible to see what you had typed. The ones we had
were actually somewhat reliable, they were abandoned after about two years
of use, but in those two years they never needed service. You are totally
right about those ribbons though.

--

Sun, 16 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 That Memorex Terminal

The ones we had contained a 7-segment LED display that told you that
you were in column XXX. They also, if you stopped typing for several
seconds, displaced the typing mechanism so you could see what you
had already typed. Sort of like echoplexing delays on a slow net.

Ours also spent most of their lives being kicked and cursed, or lying on
the floor with their wheels in the air, awaiting repair. I do recall a few
of them that did OK as logging terminals. They seemed to work better
if you didn't try to use the keyboard.

Quote:

> Bob,

> You're being *slightly* harsh on those Memorex terminals. I can't remember
> just how, but the ones we had did allow you to know where you were going
> to type, and it was possible to see what you had typed. The ones we had
> were actually somewhat reliable, they were abandoned after about two years
> of use, but in those two years they never needed service. You are totally
> right about those ribbons though.

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is it OOP, or is it Memorex (was]: Looking

2. Controlling many terminals from one terminal

3. How to make a terminal program (similar to windows hyper-terminal but more powerful)?

4. Unix APL Terminal Emulator?

5. TN3270/Mac APL terminal emulation

6. APL terminal emulators

7. APL terminal program for MS-DOS wanted

8. APL on Wyse terminal

9. APL Font for wyse 60 terminals

10. APL Font for Wyse 60 Terminals (Part 1 of 1)

11. APL Terminal Emulators

12. Terminal Emulator & APL