Translating Idioms
Author Message
 Translating Idioms

Mark Adler wrote on 1993-04-14:

Quote:
> Right--I figured there were a few.  Like I said, maybe someone can
> translate the "interesting" ones.  For example, the poster mentioned
> that he picked up a few new ideas from some of the idioms, despite
> being a seasoned APL programmer.

Ten idioms from the Finnish Idiom List were selected at random and
translated in:

 Hui, Iverson, and McDonnell, Tacit Definition, APL91 Conference
 Proceedings, APL Quote-Quad, Volume 21, Number 4, 1991 8.

Each translation includes the original APL expression, the J expression,
and a short English discussion.

Thu, 12 Oct 1995 00:54:22 GMT

1. Translating Idioms

2. Are there any J idiom lists?

3. Finn Idiom problems and Re: {rho} problem

4. Want convolution idioms

5. Adrian Smith's spanned cells idiom challenge

6. seek idioms for Emacs online J doc

7. Idioms

8. First 10 FinnAPL idioms - Coded in J

9. A few idioms and programs for new J'ers

10. Nice Idiom

11. Idiom Library , characters, and humour

12. Fw: Re: Idiom Library , characters, and humor