debugging in J3
Author Message
 debugging in J3

Debugging in J3.

I've encountered some difficulties with debugging. See for example the script
below.
I've setup debugging by entering dbr 1 followed by dbss 'test *:*'.
I didn't succeed in tracking the update of nouns "a" and "run" between
successives dbnxt''. Values don't change at all.
Without debugging the script works fine.
Who can help me with this?

run=:4
test=. 3 : 0
        a=:1
        while. run>0 do.
                run=:<:run
                a=:a*2
        end.
)

Another question concerns interrupting the J interpreter, eg. in case of an
endless loop. I only found hitting the x-button of the jx window but this is
rather drastic.
Is there a nicer solution for this?

Jan Jacobs.

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. J3.2

2. Benchmarking Regular Expressions in J3.05

3. J3.04: aliasing of windows with same name in different locales

4. J3.04 1!:2 peculiarity

5. J3.04: {. changes type of null array

6. J3.04 bug? verb/ with 0 in frame

7. j3.03b for linux