Comparative perf of Pentium/Pentium II under J?
Author Message
 Comparative perf of Pentium/Pentium II under J?

I am looking to buy a notebook PC.  Its performance will be
measured entirely by how fast it runs J applications
(working set about 48 MB).

Does anyone know roughly how much faster a Pentium II is
at running J than a Pentium?

Henry Rich

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Comparative perf of Pentium/Pentium II under J?

Quote:

> I am looking to buy a notebook PC.  Its performance will be
> measured entirely by how fast it runs J applications
> (working set about 48 MB).

> Does anyone know roughly how much faster a Pentium II is
> at running J than a Pentium?

> Henry Rich

I have upgraded from an old 486 at 66 MHz with 32MB standart RAM to
Pentium II 266 MHz with 32 MB SDRAM both under W95 with J3.05 = 6.75
faster pure floating point calculation no GUI no I/O nothing else.

Patrick Benoit

Sat, 04 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pentium/Pentium II asm ?

2. Pentium & Pentium II specs

3. Pentium & Pentium II spec

4. Pentium Pro & Pentium II instruction decomposition (uops)

5. FORTRAN on dual CPU Pentium II or Pentium III

6. Pentium II vs. Pentium Pro

7. Pentium 3 vs Pentium 4 benchmarks

8. RDTSC on Pentium and Pentium Pro for Timing Accuracy

9. Pentium/Pentium Pro simulator

10. Pentium/Pentium Pro simulator

11. Optimized Pentium code on a Pentium Pro

12. Pentium Pro not faster than Pentium?