apl on Windows 95/SGI
Author Message
 apl on Windows 95/SGI

<<< Nancy Wheeler wrote >>>

Quote:
> The APL2 character set does not display properly in a DOS window.
> APL2 must be run from a DOS fullscreen session under Windows,
> or outside of Windows, for full character set support.

<<< snip ... end of message >>>

Hmmmm. It is actually very easy to change the character set used by
Windows in a DOS application, so that it will display APL
characters.. The file under Windows 3.1 is DOSAPP.FON, which contains
most (though not all) of the fonts available in a DOS window. For
using Dyalog APL under UNIX I amended the 10 x 18 size font, by using
the 8 x 16 font supplied for full-screen applications, and extending
the line-drawing characters to the edge of the character cell. Total
time from start to finish, including deciphering the file format was
about 4 hours. If I can do it, so can anyone else!

John Sullivan                Tel (+44) 01932 567311
Chief Programmer             Fax (+44) 01932 568145
SimCorp Ltd                  Snail mail: on request

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. APL III/Windows 95 setup

2. APL+DOS under WINDOWS 95

3. APL/2 for Windows 95/NT

4. APL*PLUS II/386 running on Windows 95

5. APL under Windows 95

6. APL*Plus/PC under Windows 95 buglet

7. NY/SIGAPL 11/30/95: Donnelly on Dyalog APL/W v8 for Windows 95/NT

8. NY/SIGAPL 11/30/95: Donnelly on Dyalog APL/W v8 for Windows 95/NT

9. Windows 95 and APL

10. Announcement: Dyalog APL Version 8 for Windows 95

11. Dyalog APL 7.1 on Windows 95

12. APL III/Windows 95