I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000
Author Message
 I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

Quote:

> Subject: Re: APL and Tandy TSR 80
> Date: 16 Apr 1998 21:39:03 GMT

> Related to this, I heard there was an I-APL under development for the Apple
> II once upon a time.
> Does anyone know where I could get a copy, or did it ever exist in a usable
> form?  (It'd be fun to run _some_ APL on that machine; if there were an
> Apple IIGS version, that'd be even better (but much less likely)!)

I have heard rumours of an Apple II version, and wish I had one
in the APL Archives.  The source code is there, together with
porter instructions.  I have heard no rumors of further
development on I-APL, other than the flurry of activity about a
decade ago.

There is  another APL for the Apple II called Vanguard
APL.  It requires a character chip.  This product was
developed at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas,
by student Phillip Van Cleve under the supervision of
Professor John Howland.  Phillip is the one who went on
to do the famous APL.68000.

Lee{*filter*}ey

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting APL*PLUS/PC to APL.68000

2. APL for 68000; MAC APL

3. APL.68000 for Macintosh

4. Cross-talk Bug in Native APL 68000 Level II

5. Product Announcement - APL.68000 Level II for Mac and Power Mac

6. APL.68000 Level II for Mac experience?

7. GEM and MIDI using APL.68000; help

8. APL.68000 for the Macintosh

9. APL.68000

10. APL.68000 information request (also for PClones)

11. APL.68000 level II?

12. Help file for APL.68000.