question about J OpenGL
Author Message
 question about J OpenGL

I have a program that uses glaSaveBMP which works fine for relatively
simple pictures, but when the pic is more complicated, the file comes
out
half-drawn (and variously messed up).  The code seq I'm using is right
out of the examples... (j 3.05)
It helps for moderately complex pictures to draw it twice before saving,

but even that fails if the pic is complex.  Is there some way to force
completion of drawing before calling glaSaveBMP?

-j

(no, sleeping for a few seconds, doesn't help either -- OpenGL doesn't
seem to be truly asynchronous, just asynchronous enough to{*filter*}things
up.  :^)

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 question about J OpenGL

Quote:
>I have a program that uses glaSaveBMP which works fine for relatively
>simple pictures, but when the pic is more complicated, the file comes
>out
>half-drawn (and variously messed up).  The code seq I'm using is right
>out of the examples... (j 3.05)
>It helps for moderately complex pictures to draw it twice before saving,

>but even that fails if the pic is complex.  Is there some way to force
>completion of drawing before calling glaSaveBMP?

The print utility used in the OpenGL demo calls
the following verb before calling glaSaveBMP:

   glFinish''

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 question about J OpenGL
Thanks, that did the job.  (And I was explicitly looking for a function
like that -- don't see how I missed it).

-j

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

2. js.exception 3279.js

3. prefs.js question

4. Win2K/JS/TCL/Apache Question: Max Textarea Value Size

5. OpenGL-Win32: Opengl slave?

6. OpenGL module and Tk/OpenGL widget for NT?

7. Ruby OpenGL question

8. Several newbie questions from OpenGL programmer

9. OpenGL/GNAT Win32 question

10. Verdix/Vads Motif and OpenGL Question

11. QUESTION: font & OpenGL

12. python/wxPython opengl question