Panel Design
Author Message
 Panel Design

Quote:
> > Building this stuff into the languages is IMO akin to the old
> > STSC []KitchenSink approach to missing facilities ... it provides
> > the programmer with everything the language designer thinks is > needed.
> I suppose you'd similarly condemn the addition of objects and class
> mechanisms to APL?

Nothing wrong with that. Crowing that it is an "addition" rather than
an "embedding for performance reasons" I WOULD condemn as misleading.

APL does OO now!

--
|\/| Randy A MacDonald       |"You just ASK them?"

     BSc(Math) UNBF '83      | APL: If you can say it, it's done.

                             | Also http://www.*-*-*.com/
------------------------------------------------<-NTP>----{ gnat }-

Sun, 20 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Panel Design

Quote:
> Building this stuff into the languages is IMO akin to the old
> STSC []KitchenSink approach to missing facilities ... it provides
> the programmer with everything the language designer thinks is > needed.

I guess it depends on how you look at it.

If I look at all those []fns as providing a sort of libfoo.a (eg: libc.a)
without []na, I don't mind them at all.  The only thing missing was a way
to add user-defined []fns!  :-)

P.S. For the humor impaired, please reread the smilie.

--
Doug Evans                Cygnus Support, Mountain View, CA

Wed, 23 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. on panel design - auto layout?

2. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

3. Design Patterns for HW design ?

4. Jobs, Denver/Boulder Colorado, ASIC Design, Board Design Engineers

5. Digital Design/ASIC Design @ Sun Mass

6. *** Job: Design VHDL/Verilog/Synthesis Design

7. Design Automation Conference Seeks Design Papers

8. CPU Design HOWTO v2.0 - To design, test and manufacture CPUs

9. Design Patterns for HW design ?

10. Digital Design/ASIC Design @ Sun Mass

11. *** Job: Design VHDL/Verilog/Synthesis Design

12. Design Automation Conference Seeks Design Papers