APL for UNIX or XENIX wanted
Author Message
 APL for UNIX or XENIX wanted

Are there any good APL systems available for UNIX or XENIX ?

Any information regarding APL systems under UNIX or XENIX is welcomed,
including recommendations and bad experiences with these systems.

Unless somebody sends me a copy of a list that has recently been posted on
the net, I will summarize the answers I get (if any) and post them on
comp.lang.apl .

TiA
--

AmbraSoft A/S, Rojelskaer 15, DK-2840 Holte, Denmark.  tel: +45 2424 111

Sun, 17 Jan 1993 11:52:00 GMT
 APL for UNIX or XENIX wanted

Quote:
>Are there any good APL systems available for UNIX or XENIX ?

There is APL\11.  This is a usable, but not really a "good" apl.

APL.68000 has some versions that run under un*x, if the operating
system runs on a 68000 chips.

But, there are two excellent products available:
one from I.P.Sharp Associates and the other from STSC.
The first is heavily influenced by Iverson's "Dictionary of APL"
(see the September 1987 issue of APL Quote Quad).  The second
is compatible with STSC's entire line of products.

Both of these were shown at APL87 in Dallas.

--
 L. J.{*filter*}ey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.

Wed, 17 Feb 1993 08:48:00 GMT

1. Wanted, fourth compiler or shell for Unix/Xenix...

2. Changing from DOS to XENIX and from XENIX to DOS

3. porting an MS-DOS Forth to a 386 Unix/Xenix

4. LMI Forth (was: porting an MS-DOS Forth to a 386 Unix/Xenix)

5. RPGII under Xenix/Unix

6. A Freeware COBOL For Unix / Xenix

7. installing apl & apl terminals under unix

8. Wanted - PL/1 compiler for XENIX

9. PL/1 compiler for XENIX wanted

10. HELP| Unix Fortran compiler on PC? Xenix runs Unix Fortran?

11. I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

12. Announcement: Version 4.03 of SHARP APL for UNIX