APL Market survey
Author Message
 APL Market survey

This article is directed at vendors of APL software, as well as
market research types who may have already done this sort of thing
and can save me bags of work:

I am conducting a survey of the current and projected APL marketplace
for an article for ACM SIGAPL Quote Quad.

I'd like some generic and specific info, which I would like to be
able to attribute to person X, but am willing to consider the
source as unspecified if need be.

Please reply by email ONLY. Do NOT post replies, as they not only
clog the net with boring stuff, but this news system eats any news
item which has been around for more than 4 seconds.

I'll post a draft of the article, if interest warrants it.

Generic info:
This is your estimate of the worldwide market for APL for ALL vendors.

In terms of sites, people, and $$, what is the current APL market
for: OEM sales, mainframe, Workstation,
and PCs. (itemized, if possible)? That's your basic 4x3 matrix.

What is the projected APL market over the next 2-5 years (same
matrix)?

Those are worldwide, but if you have breakdowns by region, that might be
of interest as well.

If you can point me at a citation of this information in the press,
please do so.

Specific info for your company's products:
In terms of sites, people, and $$, what is the market for
your company's APL products in the
OEM, Mainframe, Workstation/unix, and pc market?

What is your projected market over the next 2-5 years?

What products does your company offer in the APL arena, what are
the prices for them on the various platforms?

Thanks. Bob

Snake Island Research Inc  (416) 203-0854
18 Fifth Street, Ward's Island
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2B9
Canada

Mon, 01 Jan 1996 01:34:46 GMT

1. MARKET SURVEY

2. MARKET SURVEY

3. MARKET SURVEY

4. MARKET SURVEY

5. MARKET SURVEY

6. MARKET SURVEY

7. MARKET SURVEY

8. MARKET SURVEY

9. Survey: Market for Visual Age PL/I for OS/390 course

10. MARKET SURVEY