Converting APL2 to J
Author Message
 Converting APL2 to J

Two years ago I wrote an APL2-like system called APL0 by:

0. Running J as a "server" that would read APL0 expressions from the
"client"
1. The client was a Visual Basic session manager that would allow APL
entry and display results.
2. I wrote an APL0 to J translator in J that did a fair job considering I
don't know J.

Surprisingly, the difference between APL2 arrays (floating) and J arrays
(grounded) was no big deal. Performance was good. My novice ability in J
was the major stumbling block.

What would be a BIG deal would be an exact simulation of APL2 in J.

If you want to call me at 914-923-3183 I will tell you my tricks.

Regards,
Alan

 P.S. Only in an APL newgroup could I put my personal phone number and
have no worry that too many people would call. ;-)

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

2. js.exception 3279.js

3. How Convert MS EXCEL Spreadsheet to an APL2 Array

4. Converting APL2 defined operators to APL*PLUSII WORKSPACE

5. FW: converting apl2 to j

6. APL2/2 to APL2/W95/NT

7. NB. gray.js: a J verb that generates a grayscale postscript image from a 2d array

8. lapackTest.js

9. profile.js

10. J script file profile.js

11. JS valueOf() in RB ?