APL.68000 Level II for Mac experience?
Author Message
 APL.68000 Level II for Mac experience?

I'm considering trying to port an APL2 application that currently runs on
VM/CMS and PC/DOS to a Mac version.  Does anyone have experience moving
to the Mac environment with this product?  I understand the language is
quite compatible via )IN / )OUT transfer format, but my specific concerns
are converting screen handling (AP 126/124) and file handling (AP
110/210) code.

/Charles A. Schulz
Tel:  408-742-5277
Fax:  408-742-2563

Sat, 04 Mar 1995 02:35:09 GMT
 APL.68000 Level II for Mac experience?

Quote:

>I'm considering trying to port an APL2 application that currently runs on
>VM/CMS and PC/DOS to a Mac version.  Does anyone have experience moving
>to the Mac environment with this product?  I understand the language is
>quite compatible via )IN / )OUT transfer format, but my specific concerns
>are converting screen handling (AP 126/124) and file handling (AP
>110/210) code.

While I have not used APL.68000 on a Mac, I do use it daily on
an Atari TT, and as far as I know the implementations are
very similar. Porting of standard APL2 code from and to APL2/PC
is straightforward (using IN and OUT) as long as no special features
from either implementation are used (both are subsets of IBM's
APL2/CMS, but of course they are different subsets). The
auxiliary processors are such special features, which means that
you will have to rewrite the functions using them. In APL.68000,
auxiliary processors are available as an interface to machine code,
but none of them is used in the system as it is distributed.

Mon, 06 Mar 1995 20:25:11 GMT

1. Product Announcement - APL.68000 Level II for Mac and Power Mac

2. Cross-talk Bug in Native APL 68000 Level II

3. APL.68000 level II?

4. APL for 68000; MAC APL

5. I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

6. APL 68000 for the Mac - upgrade details

7. APL.68000 for Power Mac

8. Porting APL*PLUS/PC to APL.68000

9. APL.68000 for Macintosh

10. GEM and MIDI using APL.68000; help