APL True Type Font
Author Message
 APL True Type Font

Chris Brady,

We have a True Type version of the APL2 Italic font.  It is available
in our library on CompuServe.  GO IBMAPL2.

Regards,
David Liebtag
IBM APL Products and Services

Thu, 30 Jan 1997 02:19:55 GMT
 APL True Type Font

Quote:

>We have a True Type version of the APL2 Italic font.  It is available
>in our library on CompuServe.  GO IBMAPL2.

>Regards,
>David Liebtag
>IBM APL Products and Services

Is it available elsewhere?  I don't have access to CompuServe.

--
+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|Jeff Richards                       | Voice: +1 (604) 664-9140             |
|Pacific Weather Centre              +--------------------------------------+

+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+

Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:43:25 GMT
 APL True Type Font
Hey thanks for that. I have just downloaded it and it works very well.
One small point. How can I type the symbols into a Word document using
the keyboard without having to do an Insert/Symbol for each character?

Also I would like to download STSC APL Plus function code from a
mainframe into Word via a CMS file and Attachmate Extra! 3.4. However due
to the Extra! code tables all I get in the Word document is 'greek'
characters. Can I change these to APL characters as per the APL2 TT Font?
I can do this in T3 by toggling bit 8 to on and all the 'greek'
characters switch to APL ones. I cannot seem to do this in Word.

Sat, 01 Feb 1997 00:45:36 GMT
 APL True Type Font

A while ago Jim Ryan mentioned that we have a TrueType font.  Strictly
speaking it was designed by Adrian Smith, but he is happy if we distribute
it to anyone who would like a copy.  If you've not been able to get the font
from IBM, and would like me to Email you a copy of the font, please let me
know.

Andy Shiers

Sat, 01 Feb 1997 23:25:10 GMT
 APL True Type Font

("Chris Brady The RA") asks:

Quote:
> ... How can I type the symbols into a Word document using
> the keyboard without having to do an Insert/Symbol for each character?

> Also I would like to download STSC APL Plus function code from a
> mainframe into Word via a CMS file and Attachmate Extra! 3.4. However due
> to the Extra! code tables all I get in the Word document is 'greek'
> characters. Can I change these to APL characters as per the APL2 TT Font?
> I can do this in T3 by toggling bit 8 to on and all the 'greek'
> characters switch to APL ones. I cannot seem to do this in Word.

I believe that both these problems are addressed by Adrian Smith's "APL
Typewriter", which you can get from the FTP archives at the University
of Waterloo.  This is a sort of enhanced "Notepad" applet designed specially
for easy input of APL which is to be included with "normal" text.  It will
import APL text from files (and understands the atomic vectors of quite a
lot of systems), remapping the characters to match Adrian's excellent APL
font (which comes with the Typewriter).

--

Thu, 06 Feb 1997 12:41:48 GMT
 APL True Type Font

   ]XLATE varname filename.doc >WIN

which translates it into an ASCII file FILENAME.DOC.  Inside word,
import this document and change its font to the Manugistics APL font.

--

  Mathematics & Statistics Dept.            Voice:  413-545-2859 (W)
  University of Massachusetts                       413-549-1020 (H)

Fri, 07 Feb 1997 22:40:01 GMT

1. Wanted True Type APL Font for Windows 3.1

2. True Type APL2 Font

3. True Type Fonts

4. using true type fonts in imagettftext or imagestring

5. APL Type 1 Font (for OS/2)

6. XP and APL font for APL-PLUS II?

7. APL newcomer needs APL font for Mac...

8. Get true names for fonts ??

9. Print true fonts in Clipper

10. So why do we still have to use Fortran?--APL, Forth, and the One True Language

11. Looking for TRUE TYPE Doc's

12. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )