can anyone give a brief description about storage manamgement system for
APL? Or where can I find it?
thx

Fri, 21 May 2004 17:51:37 GMT
 APL data storage
At the risk of sounding trite, the APL storage system is anything you want
it to be. You would find how APL works for you in manuals, courses or
tutorials. Your question is like asking someone how the Oracle file storage
management system works. It depends on what you want to do. It also depends
on the point of view. Do you want to create a file system or decipher one?

Fred

Quote:
----- Original Message -----

Sent: lunes, 03 de diciembre de 2001 11:44
Subject: APL data storage

> Hi,
> can anyone give a brief description about storage manamgement system for
> APL? Or where can I find it?
> thx

Fri, 21 May 2004 20:32:59 GMT
 APL data storage

Quote:

> Hi,
> can anyone give a brief description about storage manamgement system for
> APL? Or where can I find it?
> thx

It all depends on which version of APL you are using and under which
operating system.

IBM's APL2 uses native files, accessed through various Auxiliary
Processors.
Under VM and MVS these are normally VSAM files.

APL*Plus and Sharp APL on mainframes (VM and MVS) have their own
unique component filing systems.

APL*Plus, Sharp APL, Dyalog APL etc on PC's under Windows (any
version) can use either component filing systems or access native DOS
files.

Not sure about APL under Unix as I've never used it.

There is no simple answer.

Henry Crun
(a mainframe dinosaur - of the T Rex variety)

Sat, 22 May 2004 01:06:43 GMT

1. What is APL data storage?

2. Toronto APL SIG meeting - June 23 - APL and OLAP/Data Mining

3. Decimal Data Storage In Btrieve/SSQL

4. Using BLOBs for data storage

5. Eiffel and "raw" data storage

6. Data Storage

7. writing data structures to disk/solid storage

8. Ada Sage Display (Form) Data Storage

9. Newbie looking for info on using all of a 3.5 disk for data storage

10. Local Storage and DATA(24|31)

11. Address of data in Working Storage

12. Cobol / Informix Data Storage Error - Help needed