TCP/IP and CE3 vs CE2.11
Author Message
 TCP/IP and CE3 vs CE2.11

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been dealt with here before....

I am currently porting my application from CE2.11 to CE3.  Most has gone
OK, but this problem has got me stuck!

We are using TCP/IP to communicate between a 486 (CE) and an in-house
ColdFire.  It all seems to work fine with CE2.11.  On CE3 the interface
dies when CE tries to 'send' a message of >8190 bytes!  If I send a
message of 8190 bytes then that will get sent.  If I try 8191 or more
then much less gets sent before CE gives up.  The errors I have so far
got include the slave not replying or getting WSAECONNRESET or
WSAETIMEDOUT from 'send'.  I've tried splitting messages into 8190byte
blocks with 500ms delay between - this worked once!

I am very wary of something that works with CE2.11 but not with CE3 (I
have already found that I had to increase the 'ReadIntervalTimeout' from
1ms to 10ms to keep my RS485 interface working..)

Any and all suggestions welcome.

 Rob

--
Disclaimer:

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or
organization to which it is addressed.  It may contain privileged or
confidential information.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should not use, disclose, distribute, copy, alter, print
or rely on this e-mail. Information or opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachment are those of the author and are not
necessarily those of Sortex Limited, its parent company or any of its
associated companies.  Sortex Limited accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 23:25:45 GMT

1. How to port an app from CE2.11 to CE3.0

2. Database Ce2.11 not working on CE 3.0

3. Why are games networked IPX vs TCP/IP?

4. tcp/ip Sun vs MS

5. lowlevet tcp/ip or rather ip

6. getting ip address of the default route interface (public ip vs private ip)

7. i <= 10 vs i != 11

8. Keep Surfing Safe !111111!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!!1|1!11!11 6521

9. C compiler for PDP-11 (RSX-11 M+)

10. Herbert Schildt 11/11

11. Why PASCAL ??? 11/11

12. multi-threading and TCP/IP