WISE INSTALLER USERS: Learn how to properly create a WinCE installation
Author Message
 WISE INSTALLER USERS: Learn how to properly create a WinCE installation

My below article shows developers using Wise Installmaster 8.0/9.0 how to
properly create a installation program that will allow your app to correctly
install itself onto a storage card:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~developer/articles/wiseinstaller.htm

NOTE: Please no cross-post complaints - this post is *perfectly* applicable
to all of the newsgroups I posted it to.

-John Cody

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:40:55 GMT
 WISE INSTALLER USERS: Learn how to properly create a WinCE installation
Another good resource is here:

http://innovativedss.com/pdfs/installmaster.pdf

-Chris

Quote:
> My below article shows developers using Wise Installmaster 8.0/9.0 how to
> properly create a installation program that will allow your app to
correctly
> install itself onto a storage card:

> http://www.cewindows.net/~developer/articles/wiseinstaller.htm

> NOTE: Please no cross-post complaints - this post is *perfectly*
applicable
> to all of the newsgroups I posted it to.

> -John Cody

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 06:15:19 GMT
 WISE INSTALLER USERS: Learn how to properly create a WinCE installation
That is a good tutorial - I didn't know about it, thanks.

Even though my article is not a full tutorial like that one is, my article
was really meant to address the problem of when a user elects to install the
WinCE program onto the "Storage Card", which his article doesn't mention at
all. Without my article, the default configuration of the Wise installer
will simply create a directory on the storage card, but still install the
program in main memory - which really messes up things.

Between our two articles, a developer will have the complete picture of how
to do it.

-John Cody

Quote:
> Another good resource is here:

> http://innovativedss.com/pdfs/installmaster.pdf

> -Chris

> > My below article shows developers using Wise Installmaster 8.0/9.0 how
> > properly create a installation program that will allow your app to
> correctly
> > install itself onto a storage card:

> > http://www.cewindows.net/~developer/articles/wiseinstaller.htm

> > NOTE: Please no cross-post complaints - this post is *perfectly*
> applicable
> > to all of the newsgroups I posted it to.

> > -John Cody

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:36:52 GMT

1. Inslallshield vs. WISE installation

2. Inslallshield vs. WISE installation

3. Inslallshield vs. WISE installation

4. Have any one learning about Modem INF installer

5. Net Installer - How to install for all users

6. Have any one learning about INF installation?

7. Minimum DAO installation on users machine

8. How to create installer ?

9. Program to Create a Trial-Version Installer

10. Installations of User Apps in CE

11. connecting WinCE ras client to NT system (RAS server)- bypassing user id/password

12. Documentation of how to create an service installer file