Passing eVB to DLL Question
Author Message
 Passing eVB to DLL Question

Ok so I have a DLL which I created a function. To simplify my life the DLL
doesn't allocate any memory at all. What I do is pass a eVB string padded
with 256 bytes of data to the function and the function writes into that.

My definitions for the function is
__declspec(dllexport) PullLine(LPTSTR XBuf)

...and inside the eVB app I have the following definition
Public Declare Function PullLine Lib "testdll.dll" (ByVal LOGSTR As String)
As Boolean

The call in eVB would be like the following
Dim XS as String
XS = String(256,"*")
do while PullLine(XS)
    DisplayLine(XS)
loop

My question is, is this safe an for the most part correct? Is there the
possibility for the passed string to get munged from the call ? (besides the
obvious PullLine writes over the length of 256 bytes)

Tony

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:16:29 GMT

1. Passing strings from DLL to eVB (ALL GURUs requested) (3.0 version)

2. Passing parameters to an eVC dll from eVB.

3. passing string from eVB program to eVC dll

4. Passing a string buffer to EVC DLL from EVB

5. Passing arrays from evc dll to evb

6. passing string agruements from eVB app to eVC++ dll

7. Question about calling a EVC .dll in EVB

8. evb/evc dll question

9. Allocating Memory in eVC and passing it to eVB

10. Problem in passing array from eVB to eVC or vice vera

11. Problem passing parameters from and to and eVB app

12. Transfer a string from evc dll to evb