Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC
Author Message
 Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC

What is the difference between palm size PC et PocketPC ?

Thanks

-------
RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
Microsoft Certified Professional
REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

ICQ : 159314389

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:17:48 GMT
 Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC
Quite a bit is different.  PsPC is CE 2.0 (or 2.11?  I can't recall - I
think 2.0).  And Pocket PC is CE 3.0.  The Pocket PC also has a lot of added
stuff like Pocket Outlook, Pocket Word and Pocket Excel as well.  The GUI
layout is also significantly different (a PsPC has a start button and bar at
the bottom of the screen and uses double-taps for actions).

-Chris

Quote:

> What is the difference between palm size PC et PocketPC ?

> Thanks

> --
> -------
> RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

> ICQ : 159314389

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:02:48 GMT
 Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC
Same like difference between Windows and Lunix for example.

Quote:

> What is the difference between palm size PC et PocketPC ?

> Thanks

> --
> -------
> RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

> ICQ : 159314389

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:21:00 GMT
 Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC
It's not that big a difference.  PSPC is CE 2.0 based, and you can write
apps for it with eVB or eVC.  The UI is more CE-like than the PPC, having a
start button and taskbar at the bottom of the screen, etc.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Same like difference between Windows and Lunix for example.

> > What is the difference between palm size PC et PocketPC ?

> > Thanks

> > --

> --
> > -------
> > RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
> > Microsoft Certified Professional
> > REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

> > ICQ : 159314389

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 04:53:19 GMT
 Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC
To expand a bit:
Pocket PC replaced Palm-size PC. Apps built for Palm-size PC will run
on Pocket PCs, but in "emulation" mode (menus in same location as all
other versions of Windows). Apps built for Pocket PC probably won't
run on Palm-size PCs (avoiding functions that cause problems would be
difficult, but probably not impossible)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:53:19 -0500, "Chris Tacke, eMVP"

Quote:

>It's not that big a difference.  PSPC is CE 2.0 based, and you can write
>apps for it with eVB or eVC.  The UI is more CE-like than the PPC, having a
>start button and taskbar at the bottom of the screen, etc.

>--
>Chris Tacke, eMVP
>Windows CE Product Manager
>Applied Data Systems
>www.applieddata.net

>> Same like difference between Windows and Lunix for example.

>> > What is the difference between palm size PC et PocketPC ?

>> > Thanks

>> > --

>> --
>> > -------
>> > RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
>> > Microsoft Certified Professional
>> > REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

>> > ICQ : 159314389
>> > -------------------------------------------

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
46 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111
www.penfact.com

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:45:47 GMT

1. Pocket PC / Pocket PC 2002: CDialog::m_bFullScreen

2. New article at Pocket PC Developer Network - Testing programs on Pocket PC

3. Pocket PC / Pocket PC 2002: CDialog::m_bFullScreen

4. what differencies are between Pocket PC SDK an Pocket PC 2002 SDK

5. need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC

6. Serial Communication between Pocket PC and Visual C PC Application

7. make a communcation btw pc and pocket pc

8. Preprocessor question Pocket PC vs. Pocket PC 2002?

9. pocket pc app

10. Pocket PC access to SQL Server 2000

11. Compiler for Pocket PC v. 3.0

12. Pocket PC