using CreateProcess() to start VB applications
Author Message
 using CreateProcess() to start VB applications

Hi,

I want to start a VB application (with a .vb extn) using CreateProcess(). Is
there a way to do this? I could run (i mean start) normal .exe application, but
haven't yet found a way to start .vb 's. thanks,

Satchit

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:36:30 GMT
 using CreateProcess() to start VB applications
Hi satchit:

eVB doesn't make EXE files. You make .vb files.
When the install is first done on a PocketPC then the
following registry item is made:

FileType : .vb
Action : \Windows\pvbload.exe %1

So when you tap on a .vb file you really start the
\Windows\pvbload.exe with the .vb file as the
parameter.

The proper way of starting a eVB application if you
are using the CeCreateProcess Would be:

dim A
A = CeCreateProcess("\Windows\pvbload.exe", "\foldername\programname.vb", 0,
0, 0,
, 0, 0, 0, 0)

Good Luck!

Vincent Collura
(Inventor/Engineer)

http://www.CeBeans.com
Did you get your beans Today?

Hi,

I want to start a VB application (with a .vb extn) using CreateProcess(). Is
there a way to do this? I could run (i mean start) normal .exe application,
but
haven't yet found a way to start .vb 's. thanks,

Satchit

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 23:44:36 GMT
 using CreateProcess() to start VB applications
Greets,

    To augment Vincent's post, since a file association is made with the .vb
extension and the pvbload executable, another possible solution is to use
the ShellExecuteEx() API function with the .vb file directly.  This way, if
the .vb assocation were ever changed in the future, the appropriate
executable hosting the .vb script would be launched.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> Hi satchit:

> eVB doesn't make EXE files. You make .vb files.
> When the install is first done on a PocketPC then the
> following registry item is made:

> FileType : .vb
> Action : \Windows\pvbload.exe %1

> So when you tap on a .vb file you really start the
> \Windows\pvbload.exe with the .vb file as the
> parameter.

> The proper way of starting a eVB application if you
> are using the CeCreateProcess Would be:

> dim A
> A = CeCreateProcess("\Windows\pvbload.exe", "\foldername\programname.vb",
0,
> 0, 0,
> , 0, 0, 0, 0)

> Good Luck!

> Vincent Collura
> (Inventor/Engineer)

> http://www.CeBeans.com
> Did you get your beans Today?

> Hi,

> I want to start a VB application (with a .vb extn) using CreateProcess().
Is
> there a way to do this? I could run (i mean start) normal .exe
application,
> but
> haven't yet found a way to start .vb 's. thanks,

> Satchit

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 05:56:44 GMT

1. CreateProcess() sometimes fails to start QuickWin application

2. Using CreateProcess to start a program

3. Error starting VB.NET Service Application

4. Help!! How to start an application using C#

5. Start selection dialog before the application starts ...

6. Debug app started with CreateProcess

7. Starting process with CreateProcess as icon

8. DLL used by VB application!

9. Need help with VC++ DLL to be used with VB application

10. How to kill a process started with CreateProcess?

11. CreateProcess to start program on CD

12. Start an Win16 app with CreateProcess