Can't download to CE.NET target from eVC 4.0
Author Message
 Can't download to CE.NET target from eVC 4.0

Hi,
I'm developing a software package that is targeting a WinCE.NET
platform. I've acquired a great device for testing (and playing, of
course). It's a Siemens SIMPad SL4 ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).
The problem is I can't make a connection to the device through
eVC(4.0). I've added a device under the 'Windows CE .NET Default
Platform' in the Platform Manager, but when I try to test the
connection using both Transport and Startup Server as MS ActiveSync
(or any other configuration for that matter), the attempt never
completes 'Establishing platform manager connection to device'.
In addition to this I can't even change from the STANDARDSDK platform
in the IDE to allow the development to target the device.
The SIMPad itself syncs fine with ActiveSync (via serial) and i've
transfered files back and forth to and from the device without any
problem.
Has anyone had similar difficulty downloading to a target device in
eVC4.0 an can maybe shed some light on my problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:29:43 GMT
 Can't download to CE.NET target from eVC 4.0
Have you installed an SDK for the target device?  It wasn't clear to me from
your message...

Also, does your configuration of CE.NET contain the necessary pieces to
establish a connection?

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm developing a software package that is targeting a WinCE.NET
> platform. I've acquired a great device for testing (and playing, of
> course). It's a Siemens SIMPad SL4 (http://www.my-siemens.com/simpad).
> The problem is I can't make a connection to the device through
> eVC(4.0). I've added a device under the 'Windows CE .NET Default
> Platform' in the Platform Manager, but when I try to test the
> connection using both Transport and Startup Server as MS ActiveSync
> (or any other configuration for that matter), the attempt never
> completes 'Establishing platform manager connection to device'.
> In addition to this I can't even change from the STANDARDSDK platform
> in the IDE to allow the development to target the device.
> The SIMPad itself syncs fine with ActiveSync (via serial) and i've
> transfered files back and forth to and from the device without any
> problem.
> Has anyone had similar difficulty downloading to a target device in
> eVC4.0 an can maybe shed some light on my problem?

> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:44:36 GMT

1. Calling a Web Services with CE.Net and eVC++ 4.0

2. Use eVC 4 with CE 2.12 SDK or use CE 4.0 DLLs on 2.12

3. SQL Server CE 2.0, EVC++4, and CE.NET

4. SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4

5. Looking for OLDNAMES.LIB EVC 4.0 x86 target custom SDK

6. eVC++ 4.0 downloading the same DLLs over and over again

7. Downloading Program with multiple DLLs with EVC 4.0

8. Cannot get MFC ActiveX Controls to work with eVC 4.0 STANDARDSDK CE Emulator

9. Using eVC 4.0 compilers with CE 3.0 devices

10. Can't connect to target device with eVC 3.0

11. trouble downloading and/or buying evaluation copy of Windows ce.net