Port Read/Write data to WindowsCE.net
Author Message
 Port Read/Write data to WindowsCE.net

Hi. folks
I question to port read/write.
My Workstation PC environment is Windows2000, and My target embedded PC is
WindowsCE.net4.1.
I want to isa port control, so I used READ_PORT_UCHAR() and
WRITE_PORT_UCHAR() in EVC++4.0. (ceddk.h and ceddk.lib was included working
directory)
but there is no data. it returned "0x000000FF"
In my thinking, "0x000000FF" was meaning to No I/O port address.
I don't know  this reason.
Do I have installed another ddk or driver?
(my A/D board was self maded, so there is no dirver)
please, give me a solution.
thanks.

Sun, 15 May 2005 09:21:20 GMT
 Port Read/Write data to WindowsCE.net
255 is a valid value.  I don't see any reason to believe that the read
didn't occur.  If you want to know, hook up your logic analyzer to the
significant part of the address bus where it connects to your board and to
the IOR* signal.  Trigger the logic analyzer on the rising edge of IOR* when
the addres is the address you are trying to read.  If you see that stuff,
you might then make sure that the board properly decoded the address and
generated the necessary output enables and chip selects to drive the result
data onto the bus...

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi. folks
> I question to port read/write.
> My Workstation PC environment is Windows2000, and My target embedded PC is
> WindowsCE.net4.1.
> I want to isa port control, so I used READ_PORT_UCHAR() and
> WRITE_PORT_UCHAR() in EVC++4.0. (ceddk.h and ceddk.lib was included
working
> directory)
> but there is no data. it returned "0x000000FF"
> In my thinking, "0x000000FF" was meaning to No I/O port address.
> I don't know  this reason.
> Do I have installed another ddk or driver?
> (my A/D board was self maded, so there is no dirver)
> please, give me a solution.
> thanks.

Sun, 15 May 2005 23:35:57 GMT
 Port Read/Write data to WindowsCE.net
thanks...
: )

Quote:
> 255 is a valid value.  I don't see any reason to believe that the read
> didn't occur.  If you want to know, hook up your logic analyzer to the
> significant part of the address bus where it connects to your board and to
> the IOR* signal.  Trigger the logic analyzer on the rising edge of IOR*
when
> the addres is the address you are trying to read.  If you see that stuff,
> you might then make sure that the board properly decoded the address and
> generated the necessary output enables and chip selects to drive the
result
> data onto the bus...

> Paul T.

> > Hi. folks
> > I question to port read/write.
> > My Workstation PC environment is Windows2000, and My target embedded PC
is
> > WindowsCE.net4.1.
> > I want to isa port control, so I used READ_PORT_UCHAR() and
> > WRITE_PORT_UCHAR() in EVC++4.0. (ceddk.h and ceddk.lib was included
> working
> > directory)
> > but there is no data. it returned "0x000000FF"
> > In my thinking, "0x000000FF" was meaning to No I/O port address.
> > I don't know  this reason.
> > Do I have installed another ddk or driver?
> > (my A/D board was self maded, so there is no dirver)
> > please, give me a solution.
> > thanks.

Mon, 16 May 2005 09:17:00 GMT

1. Reading and writing Serial port using C# in Visual.NET

2. reading and writing to a port address using Visual C++

3. how do you use c to read and write to pc ports

4. Write and Read on Serial Port of PC

5. Read/Write serial port using C#

6. Serial port read/write in C

7. Opening a port for reading and writing on a UNIX box

8. Reading and writing to a TTY port in Unix with C

9. Bad advice (was reading/writing port functions for GCC)

10. reading/writing port functions for GCC?

11. Reading and writing to a serial port

12. How to read/write I/O ports 32 bit