Power On/Off and Turn off screen?
Author Message
 Power On/Off and Turn off screen?

hi all,

I'd like to develop a program to turn my device into
a tiny server, and that need to programatically power
on/off the device at a certain time,
say 8:00am and 5:00pm respectively, of everyday.
So
1. How can I tell the system to power on at a certain time?
2. Some said that we can simulate the action of power off
by generate a hardware button message corresponding to
the power button. But what is the virtual key code of
that button?
3. During the device up time, it's better off to
turn off the screen since noboyd will use it interactively.
I've ever had a MP3 player installed that could turn off
the screen while playing songs. But can I do that?

Thanks.

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:28:42 GMT
 Power On/Off and Turn off screen?

Quote:
> 1. How can I tell the system to power on at a certain time?

Look at CeRunAppAtTime function

Quote:
> 2. Some said that we can simulate the action of power off
> by generate a hardware button message corresponding to
> the power button. But what is the virtual key code of
> that button?

keybd_event(VK_OFF, 0, 0, 0);
keybd_event(VK_OFF, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);
More at:
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/qa/poweroff.html

Quote:
> 3. During the device up time, it's better off to
> turn off the screen since noboyd will use it interactively.
> I've ever had a MP3 player installed that could turn off
> the screen while playing songs. But can I do that?

Yes, read:
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/technicalarticles/displayof...

Vassili Philippov
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:48:58 GMT

1. Ways of turning echo off ... off

2. Turning Off Power Management in 2000

3. turn the screen off how

4. How to turn off screen saver?

5. Help: Turn the screen off

6. turn off the screen function

7. turn off debugging slop area in VC++ IDE ?

8. How to turn off file watcher

9. turning off run time checks

10. Is there a way to turn off error handling in C#

11. How do I turn off the TaskList

12. Turning off or tracking specific optimizations