ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????
Author Message
 ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????

Hello,

I am using GP-Install for my installation program. I am trying to create a
installation package for my VC application. i am trying to install this
application on the computers which doesnt have VC installed. so i selected
all required dll's to run vc applications.

I selected mfc42d.dll and copying to system directory system32  directory. I
created the setup and tried to installed it. it worked fine.

When i tried to run the application its giving

'The ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library
MFC42D.dll'

what is this error? what might be the reason? How can i know whether this
dll is registered or not?

how to register an exe under a particular key in the registry?

Please help me?

Regards.
Rajasekhar

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:51:46 GMT
 ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????
Hi,

Firstly, You should not be distributing MFC42D.dll.  This
is a debug version and you should only distribute release
versions. You would need to build for release and
distribute MFC42.dll

Secondly, this is a ce newsgroup and so there would be
better places to ask questions about desktop pc programs.

sorry to be blunt.

Mike

Quote:

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:11:18 GMT
 ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????
Hello,

Thanks for your response. Its working now. But where can i find more
information about this ordinal errors? i didnt find it in MSDN.

Thanks in advance.
Rajasekhar

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am using GP-Install for my installation program. I am trying to create a
> installation package for my VC application. i am trying to install this
> application on the computers which doesnt have VC installed. so i selected
> all required dll's to run vc applications.

> I selected mfc42d.dll and copying to system directory system32  directory.
> created the setup and tried to installed it. it worked fine.

> When i tried to run the application its giving

> 'The ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> MFC42D.dll'

> what is this error? what might be the reason? How can i know whether this
> dll is registered or not?

> how to register an exe under a particular key in the registry?

> Please help me?

> Regards.
> Rajasekhar

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:01:26 GMT
 ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????
Dear Mike,

Thanks for your reply. It's working now and not giving that error. but i got
same type of error

'the ordinal 6741 could not be located in the dll MFC42.dll'

This error is not coming in the systems which is having some programming
languages, but when i tried the same in other machines which doesn't have
any programming languages i'ts giving the above error.

I kept the release version of executable only.

Other dll's i am including are

msvcrt40.dll
mfc40u.dll
mfc40.dll
msvcrtd.dll
msdart.dll
adosync.dll
odbcconf.dll
mfc42.dll

All of these dll's i am copying to winnt\system32 directory.

where can i find the complete information regarding this ordinal errors? i
have MSDN july'01,but i didnt find anything in it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Rajasekhar

Quote:
> Hi,

> Firstly, You should not be distributing MFC42D.dll.  This
> is a debug version and you should only distribute release
> versions. You would need to build for release and
> distribute MFC42.dll

> Secondly, this is a ce newsgroup and so there would be
> better places to ask questions about desktop pc programs.

> sorry to be blunt.

> Mike

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:24:28 GMT
 ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll?????????
You're shipping both redundant dlls and ones you shouldn't . You don't have
rights to re-distribute the debug version of the C runtime libs -
msvcrtd.dll - for instance. You need to consult your docs for issues on
installation and re-distribution of binaries. What's the name of your
product? Thanks.

> Dear Mike,

> Thanks for your reply. It's working now and not giving that error. but i
got
> same type of error

> 'the ordinal 6741 could not be located in the dll MFC42.dll'

> This error is not coming in the systems which is having some programming
> languages, but when i tried the same in other machines which doesn't have
> any programming languages i'ts giving the above error.

> I kept the release version of executable only.

> Other dll's i am including are

> msvcrt40.dll
> mfc40u.dll
> mfc40.dll
> msvcrtd.dll
> msdart.dll
> adosync.dll
> odbcconf.dll
> mfc42.dll

> All of these dll's i am copying to winnt\system32 directory.

> where can i find the complete information regarding this ordinal errors? i
> have MSDN july'01,but i didnt find anything in it.

> Thanks in advance.

> Regards.
> Rajasekhar

> > Hi,

> > Firstly, You should not be distributing MFC42D.dll.  This
> > is a debug version and you should only distribute release
> > versions. You would need to build for release and
> > distribute MFC42.dll

> > Secondly, this is a ce newsgroup and so there would be
> > better places to ask questions about desktop pc programs.

> > sorry to be blunt.

> > Mike

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 04:58:25 GMT

1. The ordinal 3291 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFCO42D.DLL

2. ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dll MFC42D.dll????????

3. ordinal 6741 could not be located in mfc42.dll

4. the ordinal 6453 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42.DLL....

5. Getting an error "The ordinal 6828 could not be located in dynamic link library MFC42.dll"

6. ordinal 6741 could not be located in mfc42.dll

7. Ordinal 6467 could not be located

8. Is MFC42D.DLL really MFC42D.DLL?

9. Bug in my programm with MF42.DLL but not with MFC42D.DLL

10. Writing Dynamic Link Libraries (.DLL's)

11. A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

12. Dynamic Link Library(DLL)