OemToChar and CharToOem in WindowsCE?
Author Message
 OemToChar and CharToOem in WindowsCE?

Hi,

For a data transfer to our controller datas I need to convert ANSI strings
to OEM and the opposite way. Unfortunately both conversion routines neither
OemToChar nor CharToOem are available under Windows CE. Is there another
routine doing the same job or do I need to write it myself?

Thank's in advance!

Marcel Leu

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:15:06 GMT
 OemToChar and CharToOem in WindowsCE?
look at the functions mbstowcs() and wcstombs(), which
convert from char* and wchar_t*

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 07:09:30 GMT
 OemToChar and CharToOem in WindowsCE?
Thank's for your advise, Mel.

The functions mbstowcs() and wcstombs converts ANSI to UNICODE and the
opposite way round. They do not support the Oem character set. But I
detected both functions WideCharToMultiByte as well as MultiByteToWideChar
doing mainly the same job as the two functions mentioned above with the
ability to give the code page used as the first parameter.

Now everything works fine!

Quote:
> look at the functions mbstowcs() and wcstombs(), which
> convert from char* and wchar_t*

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:15:02 GMT

1. OemToChar and CharToOem

2. CharToOEM

3. OemToChar

4. OemToChar

5. oemToChar

6. need function which has same effect like OemToChar

7. WindowsCE Database Support

8. Graph, chart, plan, diagram in WindowsCE ?

9. background processes on WindowsCE

10. TAPI for WindowsCE

11. VC++ on Palm and WindowsCE Question...

12. WindowsCE programming