I really really want to turn off warnings in eVC4 SP1
Author Message
 I really really want to turn off warnings in eVC4 SP1

What do I have to do to get rid of warning C4786? So far I've tried
#pragma warning( disable : 4786 ) which has no effect. I'm still
getting about 90 of them per file.

Obviously the /wd switch is maldocumented since the compiler doesn't
recognize any other form of /w than the plain /w. This malicious
documentation is identical to that of eVC3.

Finally, I have tried the workaround described at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
apparently worked for VC6. It does nothing for me.

I strongly suggest adding the eVCs to the list of broken compilers at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Has someone been able to beat the compiler into submission?

Sat, 14 May 2005 23:19:34 GMT

1. really really dumb question

2. Sun itself is killing Java (this really pisses me off)

3. How do I turn off linker warnings?

4. How to turn off warning

5. Turning off specific warnings in gcc

6. Using pragma to turn off warning messages.

7. turn off specific warnings

8. Turn off Microsoft warnings

9. How Do I turn off warning messages in VC++ 5.0

10. Turning off the warnings when generating a doc comments XML file

11. Really weird C warning

12. I'm really, really, really new at this.