CFrameWnd Message Window wont appear
Author Message
 CFrameWnd Message Window wont appear

howdy,

I am trying to create a message notification window which appears for
about 5 seconds with a "tooltip like" message and goes away.  I couldnt
get it to work using a tooltip, so I tried this:

I create a CFrameWnd whose parent is another invisible CFrameWnd.  I use
Create and then SetWindowPos to show it in a modeless manner.  Its
positioned on the screen, it receives a timer event, but no paint
message.  I tried adding SetForegroundWindow() but that doesnt help. I
create this window without a caption frame.

Remote Spy++ shows its there.  By the way, its over a CFormView window
if that matters.  This code works excellent on Win32, but shows nothing
on Pocket PC 2002.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

regards,
Rich

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 05:12:52 GMT

1. bleedin systray icon wont appear

2. Windows.Forms.Message - processing a user defined Windows-message - 2nd try

3. Minimised window wont restore

4. Strange characters appearing in C++ MIME email messages

5. Error messages not appearing

6. Warnings appearing as error messages when compiling with MFC

7. Why don't my message boxes appear?

8. the compile error message appeared in EVC4.0

9. WM_NOTIFY message not appearing in CE Spy

10. Help: How do I implement NUM and CAPS indicators using a CWnd derived window (not CFrameWnd)

11. How could i create a CFrameWnd-derived Window without Menu

12. MDI Scroll bars for non CFrameWnd windows