RAPI CreateProcess - has process ended?
Author Message
 RAPI CreateProcess - has process ended?

Can anyone help:

I am using CERAPI in a program running on desktop PC to build an embedded
application in a Jornada720 HPC.   During build process, I need to run a
number of programs in the HPC in sequence - so I need to know when a program
has completed.  The programs are also going to be used when the application
in the HPC is in general use, so they cannot do anything specific themselves
to assist here.

Does anyone know how, after I have given API CeCreateProcess() I can wait
and test for the HPC process to complete?  I have got round the problem by
asking the user to press OK in box on PC when the HPC program has completed,
but would like to automate it.

Rod .

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:09:42 GMT
 RAPI CreateProcess - has process ended?
Rod,

I was hoping to find a rapi version of GetExitCode, but
that doesn't seem to be available. Have you considered
using CeRapiInvoke with coredll to invoke the code for you
on the device?  If this doesn't suit, you could do the
same thing with your own dll.

Mike

Quote:

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:08:17 GMT
 RAPI CreateProcess - has process ended?
Hi Mike:

Yes that was the first thing I looked for - but as you say - it does not
seem to be available.

Did look at the 'invoke' command, but have not yet worked out how to use it
to call my own process. Will have to look around for examples.

Thanks for your reply

Rod.

Quote:
> Rod,

> I was hoping to find a rapi version of GetExitCode, but
> that doesn't seem to be available. Have you considered
> using CeRapiInvoke with coredll to invoke the code for you
> on the device?  If this doesn't suit, you could do the
> same thing with your own dll.

> Mike

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:37:09 GMT

1. Process.Start Process.End??

2. CreateProcess dosen't create process

3. CreateProcess dosen't create process

4. Starting process with CreateProcess as icon

5. How to terminate a process created with CreateProcess(...)

6. How to kill a process started with CreateProcess?

7. Createprocess, is not creating a process?

8. End processing of a script

9. Quitting process choosing End Task in the Task Manager

10. Ending a process

11. Process not ending??

12. Check the end of the ShellExecute process