Refreshing the screen
Author Message
 Refreshing the screen

I have a small dialog based app to install compenents on my pocketpc
devices.

Everything works great except for the screen being refreshed.

I set a static text controls text to display progress. There are several
files to copy and the text is updated to reflect the name of the one that is
currently being used.

I set the text with:

::SetWindowText(hMsgControl, _T("Copying Installation files to the working
folder!\n\nThis could take several minutes.\n\nPlease Wait..."));

then I go straight into the file copy. The text is not updated. I need some
type of refresh before hand. I tried redrawing the form but did not change
anything.

Any suggestions?

Tommy

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:42:10 GMT
 Refreshing the screen
Is the thread that copies the file the same thread that controls the window
messages?

This kind of functionality is best run in a different thread that can then
send status messages to your progress/status bars.

If it is a different thread, then call UpdateWindow(hMsgControl) before
copying the file.

--
~Demitri

(This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.)

Quote:
> I have a small dialog based app to install compenents on my pocketpc
> devices.

> Everything works great except for the screen being refreshed.

> I set a static text controls text to display progress. There are several
> files to copy and the text is updated to reflect the name of the one that
is
> currently being used.

> I set the text with:

> ::SetWindowText(hMsgControl, _T("Copying Installation files to the working
> folder!\n\nThis could take several minutes.\n\nPlease Wait..."));

> then I go straight into the file copy. The text is not updated. I need
some
> type of refresh before hand. I tried redrawing the form but did not change
> anything.

> Any suggestions?

> Tommy

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 05:54:19 GMT

1. Refresh the screen?

2. Refreshing of screen.

3. Refreshing the screen

4. Refresh the screen

5. Refresh the screen?

6. Refresh data on multiple client screens in Windows?

7. How to refresh screen

8. Screen Refreshing - Windows Problem

9. Screen Refreshing - Windows Problem

10. screen refresh problem on resolution change

11. how to refresh screen

12. How fast the screen can be refreshed?