detailed instructions to compile stlport with evc++ 3.0?
Author Message
 detailed instructions to compile stlport with evc++ 3.0?

Hi,

I have an app that needs STL, (especially iostreams -- its a port from
desktop).

I downloaded stlport 4.5.1 and was wondering if there are detailed
instructions somewhere on how to build stlport as a static lib using
eVC++3.0?

I looked through the documentation and can't seem to find too much.
I am not too experienced with eVC++, having come from a Unix
enviroment, I am still learning.

Thanks for any info,
   DoranCat

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:22:35 GMT
 detailed instructions to compile stlport with evc++ 3.0?
I had much better luck with iostreams with the Dinkumware product.  Lots of
people seem to dislike it (maybe because it costs money), but I had the
iostreams running and my own derived classes implemented in about a day,
which was far less than I would have spent just to get stlport compiled, I
think.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have an app that needs STL, (especially iostreams -- its a port from
> desktop).

> I downloaded stlport 4.5.1 and was wondering if there are detailed
> instructions somewhere on how to build stlport as a static lib using
> eVC++3.0?

> I looked through the documentation and can't seem to find too much.
> I am not too experienced with eVC++, having come from a Unix
> enviroment, I am still learning.

> Thanks for any info,
>    DoranCat

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:55:25 GMT
 detailed instructions to compile stlport with evc++ 3.0?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have an app that needs STL, (especially iostreams -- its a port from
> desktop).

> I downloaded stlport 4.5.1 and was wondering if there are detailed
> instructions somewhere on how to build stlport as a static lib using
> eVC++3.0?

> I looked through the documentation and can't seem to find too much.
> I am not too experienced with eVC++, having come from a Unix
> enviroment, I am still learning.

> Thanks for any info,
>    DoranCat

have a look at
http://www.syncdata.it/stlce/index.html
im not sure if it supports iostreams

if it won't work you can also have alook at the dinkumware stl port
(i have used that one successfull with iostreams)

Holger

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:31:33 GMT
 detailed instructions to compile stlport with evc++ 3.0?
Thanks for the info.

I was looking into Dinkumware (love that name!), but
was hoping to avoid it because of the cost.  Thus
my hopes for stlport.

Ah well.

   DoranCat

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:55:25 -0700, "Paul G. Tobey"

Quote:

>I had much better luck with iostreams with the Dinkumware product.  Lots of
>people seem to dislike it (maybe because it costs money), but I had the
>iostreams running and my own derived classes implemented in about a day,
>which was far less than I would have spent just to get stlport compiled, I
>think.

>Paul T.

>> Hi,

>> I have an app that needs STL, (especially iostreams -- its a port from
>> desktop).

>> I downloaded stlport 4.5.1 and was wondering if there are detailed
>> instructions somewhere on how to build stlport as a static lib using
>> eVC++3.0?

>> I looked through the documentation and can't seem to find too much.
>> I am not too experienced with eVC++, having come from a Unix
>> enviroment, I am still learning.

>> Thanks for any info,
>>    DoranCat

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:05:56 GMT

1. PPC 2002, WinCE 3.0, eVC++ 3.0, loading images in HTML viewer control

2. eVC++ 3.0 and eVC++ 4.0

3. compatibility eVC++ 3.0 and eVC++4.0?

4. STLPort with MS eVC++ setup

5. evc 3.0 & adoce 3.0

6. eVC 4.0 vs. eVC 3.0 - platform compatibility

7. Static eVC 3.0 library compatible with eVC 4.0?

8. Using EVC 4.0 linker/compiler BIN with EVC 3.0

9. Running eVC++ 3.0 apps on a WIndows CE 4.1 device

10. eVC++ 3.0 and MFC

11. eVC++ 3.0 and skins..

12. Debugging Erratic in eVC++ 3.0