ActiveX Components for CE
Author Message
 ActiveX Components for CE

Hello,

Does anyone know how to build and include/use ActiveX GUI
controls into a CE application written in eVC 3.0?  I've
tried a few times and was not successful.  Either I'm
unable to initialize a DLL not one of mine by the way, or
the app would not show with a component that was made with
VC 6.0.  Ideally, I would like to insert an eVC made
control into the registered ActiveX controls but am unable
to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Willard

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:53:12 GMT
 ActiveX Components for CE
you may need a dummy desktop control with the same coclass GUID as your eVC
activex control. during design time include the dummy control instead of
trying to include the device control. you don't have to implement anything
in this dummy control.

Ashley Antony Elenjickal
Devp  Support - Windows Embedded
Microsoft Corporation

--------------------

| Subject: ActiveX Components for CE
| Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:53:12 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc
|
| Hello,
|
| Does anyone know how to build and include/use ActiveX GUI
| controls into a CE application written in eVC 3.0?  I've
| tried a few times and was not successful.  Either I'm
| unable to initialize a DLL not one of mine by the way, or
| the app would not show with a component that was made with
| VC 6.0.  Ideally, I would like to insert an eVC made
| control into the registered ActiveX controls but am unable
| to do so.
|
| Any help would be greatly appreciated!
|
| --Willard

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 02:05:57 GMT

1. Building an ActiveX Component inheriting another ActiveX Component

2. Implemenation of COM component in Windows CE

3. COM Component on CE.Net

4. Converting ActiveX for Win32 to CE using ATL

5. ActiveX Control in Window CE

6. Help!Problem when using ActiveX in Windows CE .net 4.1

7. CE ActiveX question

8. Cannot get MFC ActiveX Controls to work with eVC 4.0 STANDARDSDK CE Emulator

9. how to register ActiveX on CE

10. Is possible pass parameter by reference to activex in CE

11. ActiveX Install in Windows CE

12. Need help finishing an OLE/ActiveX Component in C++