development small graphic viewer
Author Message
 development small graphic viewer

HI

I have to develop a viewer for raster and vector (polygons, points)
graphics on pocket pc 2002.

the viewer is supposed to read jpeg and XML vector files and display it
on the screen in different layers. Some of the vectors are supposed to
be clickable.

It is planed to support zooming, moving and rotation as well.

What is the best tool/library/interface to do that.

Is the GDI suitable for that. Would it be faster with direct x? Are
there any other graphic libraries providers for windows ce? How much do
they cost?

Thank you for any suggestion.

heiko

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:04:30 GMT
 development small graphic viewer
If you're going to select things, you'll need something more than GDI.
Things like lines and circles and squares are not objects, once you've drawn
them on the screen.  There is no support for hit-detection on objects in
GDI.  I've never used an third-party libraries for this type of thing, but
I've written direct manipulation user interfaces for Win32.  It's a fairly
big job.

Paul T.

Quote:

> HI

> I have to develop a viewer for raster and vector (polygons, points)
> graphics on pocket pc 2002.

> the viewer is supposed to read jpeg and XML vector files and display it
> on the screen in different layers. Some of the vectors are supposed to
> be clickable.

> It is planed to support zooming, moving and rotation as well.

> What is the best tool/library/interface to do that.

> Is the GDI suitable for that. Would it be faster with direct x? Are
> there any other graphic libraries providers for windows ce? How much do
> they cost?

> Thank you for any suggestion.

> heiko

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:40:38 GMT
 development small graphic viewer
Hi!
You could use GAPI. (Game API) it is free, and it provides direct access to
screen buffer. However, in this case, You have to write EVERYTHING. (Line
drawing (Brehensam algorithm is recommended), clipping, bitmap manipulation,
etc...).
Quote:

> HI

> I have to develop a viewer for raster and vector (polygons, points)
> graphics on pocket pc 2002.

> the viewer is supposed to read jpeg and XML vector files and display it
> on the screen in different layers. Some of the vectors are supposed to
> be clickable.

> It is planed to support zooming, moving and rotation as well.

> What is the best tool/library/interface to do that.

> Is the GDI suitable for that. Would it be faster with direct x? Are
> there any other graphic libraries providers for windows ce? How much do
> they cost?

> Thank you for any suggestion.

> heiko

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:23:22 GMT

1. PLEASE -anyone- send me a SVGAlib graphics viewer!

2. PLEASE: How to add graphics viewer features?

3. MSDN: Graphics Viewer Source Code

4. MSDN: Graphics Viewer Source Code

5. How to use a small piece of graphics illustrating what's getting dragged

6. Need small C compiler for DOS w graphics

7. beginner's dilemma: small game, graphics packages (VC++ 6)

8. Any FlowControl Viewer or Object Viewer for VC++?

9. Small porblem with a small app

10. Small C / Small Assembler

11. Graphics in c - init graphic mode

12. Graphics double buffering in C (bgi graphics drivers)