Getting current system time in milliseconds
Author Message
 Getting current system time in milliseconds

Is there a quick, simple way to get the current system time as a number of
milliseconds since Jan 1 19-whatever it is?

I'm writing a game, and I need to update a part of the playfield based on
the system time, and I can't find a simple function to do the job.  It seems
like the only way to do it is by getting a SYSTEMTIME struct and the either
doing some bizarre math on it, or converting it to a FILETIME and then a
64-bit integer and then trying to use that unwieldy thing.

It seems like there should be *some* way to get a time value as a lump of
milliseconds.  Surely I can't be the first person to want this...

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 04:53:40 GMT
 Getting current system time in milliseconds
You can use GetTickCount function. It does not return system time but
returns time in milliseconds since the last rebooting. If you need time only
to get calculate time intervals then it is OK for you.

More at:
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/qa/millisecond.html
"How can I measure time in milliseconds? "

Vassili Philippov
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:00:34 GMT

1. Getting time in millisecond resolution

2. help getting time in milliseconds

3. how to get system time in milliseconds?

4. Getting the current date/time

5. Get Current System Time

6. Current System Time

7. How to get current system time