3. What's the major differences comparing Platform Builder
and embedded Visual Studio?

Thank you.

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:15:25 GMT
 Version Supported
#2:  NO.  eVC 3.0 is not compatable with embedded .NET
(eVC 4.0), and vise versa.

Platform Builder, as the name implies, allows OEMs to
customize the WinCE operating system for their
hardware.  "Embedded Visual Studio" -- there is not such
thing that I know of, unless you are referring to
the .NET, which I have not used.  There was originally a
VC6 plugin called Embedded Tools, but that is no longer
supported.  Its now eVC++ 3.0, eVB 3.0 (for PocketPC and
earlier embedded platforms) and eVC 4.0 for .NET platform.

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:46:30 GMT
 Version Supported
1. In eVC 3.0, yes and no.  You can generate code for ARM instruction set
devices and it will run on those processors (certainly on the SA1110, which
is the main processor in Pocket PC devices).  There is no special support
for PXA processors in eVC 3.0, however.

2. A particular version of it does: eVC 4.0.  These two things, the OS and
the development environment are joined.  You can't use eVC 4.0 with any OS
other than CE.NET and, to get any of the CE.NET new feature APIs, you must
use eVC 4.0.

3. There is no embedded Visual Studio.  eVC is an application development
environment; PB is for building various OS components together to get an
executable operating system.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Pls give me some insight
> 1. Does the embedded Visual C++ support the latest
> microprocessors -Intel PXA 250, Intel PXA 210 or SA1110?

> 2. Does the embedded Visual C++ also compatible with the
> Windows CE.NET?

> 3. What's the major differences comparing Platform Builder
> and embedded Visual Studio?

> Thank you.

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:38:46 GMT

1. Does Visual C++.NET (2003 version) support 64 bit integers

2. Template support in VC++ in the next version?

3. Programming for National Character Support FAQ (alpha version)

4. Wich version on VC supports class templates properly

5. VC version 5 support for 16 bit platform?

6. how to support older mfc42.dll versions

7. Help: Help support does not work in release version

8. Is Version Info Support on Pocket PC??

9. support different CE version by only 1 program?

10. Low-cost GNU support is available (was: GNU and the issue of support)

11. Is API Patching supported by Microsoft tech support?

12. Is API Patching supported by Microsoft tech support?