TLI driver or NDIS IM driver?
Author Message
 TLI driver or NDIS IM driver?

Hello all,

I'm developing a firewall solution for WinCE/PocketPC. To support raw
sockets, I 'm not using IpHlpApi's IP filtering, but rather planning to
write an NDIS device driver for low level packet filtering. Now I'm a little
confused here as to whether I have to write a TLI driver or an NDIS IM
miniport driver? Does CE support TLI drivers? What are the advantages or
disadvantages (if any) of TLI over NDIS miniport or vice versa?

Also how do I install such a driver on WinCE/PocketPC?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Joann.

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:24:32 GMT
 TLI driver or NDIS IM driver?
Hi,

Never heard of CE supporting TLI . The option would be to write a NDIS
IM miniport driver in which you can add the low level packet
filtering.

You would install the IM miniport driver as a DLL on CE, and the
registry entries would be verymuch like a miniport driver.

Vani

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I'm developing a firewall solution for WinCE/PocketPC. To support raw
> sockets, I 'm not using IpHlpApi's IP filtering, but rather planning to
> write an NDIS device driver for low level packet filtering. Now I'm a little
> confused here as to whether I have to write a TLI driver or an NDIS IM
> miniport driver? Does CE support TLI drivers? What are the advantages or
> disadvantages (if any) of TLI over NDIS miniport or vice versa?

> Also how do I install such a driver on WinCE/PocketPC?

> Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
> Joann.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:34:08 GMT

1. NDIS IM Driver for WinCE 3.0

2. NDIS IM Drivers on CE 3.0 / Pocket PC 2002

3. NDIS Driver

4. NDIS DRIVER

5. NDIS packet filtering driver

6. linking minimal NDIS driver

7. Developing a NDIS driver for Windows CE 3

8. Help with NDIS driver not starting

9. Installing a NDIS Intermediate Driver

10. Wireless NDIS Driver Not loading

11. I/O Access to NDIS Intermediate Driver

12. How to ask NDIS to reload all/any driver