LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'
Author Message
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

Hi,

Im getting crazy, I tried to compile our project as Release Configuration
and I get the error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

It doesn't occur in debug! Where do I find this lib? It's not included with
eVC 4 nor with platformbuilder?

Regards

Thomas

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:10:04 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'
It's possible that you've got some unintended characters on the LINK command
line in your project settings for eVC, causing the linker to treat those
characters as part of a library name.  Open eVC 4 and load your project.
Open the project settings and choose Settings For... your RETAIL
configuration.  Select the Link tab.  Verify that the Object/Library Modules
edit box doesn't have random garbage in it and that there aren't any library
names which aren't separated by spaces.

If that seems fine, check the other sections of the Link options (Customize,
Debug, Input, Output), for the same type of errors.

If you still don't see anything wrong, go to the Customize page and enable
Print Progress Messages and disable Suppress Startup Banner.  Rebuild the
project and examine the LINK command line to see if it might be too long, or
contain garbage.  Return to the settings and track down anything that looks
wrong.

If you still don't see any problems, check the Ignore All Default Libraries
box on the General page and rebuild.  It's possible that a header file you
are including (maybe one from Visual Studio, rather than eVC 4 or
something), is adding a reference to that library using a pragma
directive...

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Im getting crazy, I tried to compile our project as Release Configuration
> and I get the error:

> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

> It doesn't occur in debug! Where do I find this lib? It's not included
with
> eVC 4 nor with platformbuilder?

> Regards

> Thomas

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:38:30 GMT

1. fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

4. Fatal LNK1104: Cannot open LIBCD.LIB

5. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

6. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42.lib'

7. Linker cannot open file 'mfc70ud.lib'

8. Newbie - Compile error (Cannot open include file: 'xmldom.idl': No such file or directory)

9. BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'DTL32.lib'

11. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

12. VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"