Help with ActiveX
Author Message
 Help with ActiveX

Hi all,

  I have built an ActiveX to be used on an application
that will run on Windows CE.

  I have follwed the instructions for building an ActiveX
for Windows CE and everything seemed to go ok:

  - built the Win32 version (for design time)
  - built the Win CE version (for run time)
  - built the Win CE app that will load the ActiveX
  - when compiling the ActiveX the compiler says that the
ActiveX is successfully registered on the Emulator device
  - the App is also downloaded to the Emulator platform
  - the App can be executed without problems on the
Emulator.

   BUT... when the Application tries to load the ActiveX
it says that it can not find it... why?

Does anybody know what's happening?

thanks,

carles.

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:06:41 GMT
 Help with ActiveX
I'm facing a similiar problem..
refer my post..
any solutions
Bahar.
Quote:

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:47:07 GMT
 Help with ActiveX
Hi,

the problem is due to the fact that ActiveX controls are created for
"Apartment threading", not supported by WinCE: assuming that you used MFC,
search, inside  the control class cpp file, the word afxApartmentThreading
and replace it with the following code:

#ifndef _WIN32_WCE
   afxRegApartmentThreading,
#else
   afxRegDefault,
#endif

this will make your control compatible with both desktop and WinCE.

Hope this helps

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft (http://www.multimediasoft.com)
Italy

Quote:
> Hi all,

>   I have built an ActiveX to be used on an application
> that will run on Windows CE.

>   I have follwed the instructions for building an ActiveX
> for Windows CE and everything seemed to go ok:

>   - built the Win32 version (for design time)
>   - built the Win CE version (for run time)
>   - built the Win CE app that will load the ActiveX
>   - when compiling the ActiveX the compiler says that the
> ActiveX is successfully registered on the Emulator device
>   - the App is also downloaded to the Emulator platform
>   - the App can be executed without problems on the
> Emulator.

>    BUT... when the Application tries to load the ActiveX
> it says that it can not find it... why?

> Does anybody know what's happening?

> thanks,

> carles.

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 00:03:39 GMT

1. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

2. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

3. help with activex controls in VC++.NET

4. HELP: Hosting ActiveX controls and Windows

5. Newbie needs help: Managing ActiveX exe server instancing / IIS (long)

6. Help!, creating ActiveX with threads and variants

7. Help - Calling ActiveX DLL function from VB and C++ returns different values

8. Need Help with ActiveX Controls..

9. Help with ActiveX

10. need help about activex

11. Help: MDI ActiveX Document (Excel) does not hide its toolbars when it loses focus

12. Help with activex control development!