how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
Author Message
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port

how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:03:00 GMT
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
Huh?

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:18:29 GMT
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
I mean tell system com1 is a IR Raw or IRDA Device!
so I can use com1 as IR Device.
because some IR device use serial trans/rece as it's
own ,so I want to reverse it.
Quote:

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:24:07 GMT
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
Because I want to use IRSOCK
Quote:

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:25:01 GMT
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
Why not just set up the registry to use whatever COM port the IR port is.
COM port numbering is all in the registry if you really want to renumber but
I don't understand why you want to if you have a working COM1, and a working
COMx with RAW IRDA just set up the registry for IRSIR to use COMx and you
are done.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting
smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:24:07 GMT
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
Thank you for your Help.
I want to use IRSOCKET through comx port so I think I
should tell system comx is ir device.
My project use wireless transmit/receiver connect to com
port ,which is half duplex device worked like IR Device.

I just want to know if it is possible?
Could you tell me the detail of how to tell system comx is
IR device?just write like [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Device]???
=???
Thanks.

     +----+
     |CEPC|        (( * ))
     ||||||           |
     |    |__________ /\
     |____|com       /__\
          port     wireless
                   transmit/receiver

     +----+
     |    |
     |Win |        (( * ))
     | 2K |           |
     |    |__________ /\
     |____|com       /__\
          port     wireless
                   transmit/receiver

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:18:36 GMT
 how to fake system com1: to be as raw IR port
There is no such setting. Just use IRSOCK API calls.

If you are the device creator then you need to know which COM port is the IR
port. You can set the "Index" value for all of your serial ports so you know
exactly which will be which. (This is recommended so that the COM port
numbering is known and can be documented for developers of applications for
your device. Then once you know the RAW I port you set the values for IRSIR
to use that port. IRSIR is an NDIS driver that will open the specified port
and enable IRDA mode and provide the link between IRSOCK API support and the
physical COM port.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting
smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:34:39 GMT

1. IR and COM1 simultanously

2. RAW IR

3. Raw IR

4. Can I use raw IR under Pocket 2002?

5. How to use Raw IR?

6. Serial Comm using raw IR

7. Raw IR - Remote Control

8. I want open the COM1 Port (serial Port)

9. Coding a WinCE's IR port...question

10. How to use IR port

11. WriteFile to IR port doesn't work for ARM pocket PC

12. serial IR port problems after suspend