IDE sometimes crashes
Author Message
 IDE sometimes crashes

My VC6 IDE sometimes crashes (not often). This is not reproduceable and
unpredictable. The effects are as follows:

1. I click on Close when the crash happens
2. The window is beeing closed but the process remains active and some files
are left open
3. Because files are still open, the classview window is empty when I
restart it
4. I open taskmanager to kill the process
5. Everything is good again

Same thing happens with the IDE of embedded VC3. The OS is Win2000. Has
anyone else noticed that?

Hans

Wed, 25 May 2005 12:14:24 GMT
 IDE sometimes crashes
Hi,

I have the same problem, but have no sollution for its.  In fact I even have
a problem that the connection to the PocketPC crasses in eVC3 and have to
exit my Win2K acount to get it working again.  Real handy!

Bryan Brouckaert.

Quote:
> My VC6 IDE sometimes crashes (not often). This is not reproduceable and
> unpredictable. The effects are as follows:

> 1. I click on Close when the crash happens
> 2. The window is beeing closed but the process remains active and some
files
> are left open
> 3. Because files are still open, the classview window is empty when I
> restart it
> 4. I open taskmanager to kill the process
> 5. Everything is good again

> Same thing happens with the IDE of embedded VC3. The OS is Win2000. Has
> anyone else noticed that?

> Hans

Thu, 26 May 2005 22:14:37 GMT
 IDE sometimes crashes
For fear of being synical, you guys should have been around for CE 1.0
development tools.  I once had the IDE crash in the middle of a remote debug
session (which took 5-10 minutes to connect and initialize) and it erased
all the source code from one of my base object .cpp files!!

Since I was running NT (required for emulation) I had to scramble to get a
file undelete utility and was fortunate enough to get most of it back!

I know it can be frustrating but I have found the best way is to find the
path of least resistance and follow it religiously.  One thing I never do is
to try to press the Cancel button when starting a remote debugging session
as this always messes things up.

I just can't imagine why I am so skeptical of jumping into the CE.Net world?
;)

Good Luck!

Tue, 31 May 2005 12:04:41 GMT

1. IDE sometimes crashes

2. IDE Hangs sometimes after compile/link

3. MDI app crashes sometimes when opening new doc

4. CPropertySheet::Create Crashes - Sometimes

5. COleDropTarget::XDropTarget::DragEnter = Sometimes crashes here ???

6. MFC Serialize: sometimes OK, sometimes not!

7. Listbox: Sometimes allowing multiple selection and sometimes not ?

8. Update to DataRow sometimes works and sometimes not

9. VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

10. BUG: VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

11. IDE Crashing left and right, impossible to use

12. VC++ IDE Getting Crashed