dialog list box creation and entry into
Author Message
 dialog list box creation and entry into

I know, I am posting a lot. I am just getting into
developing my application and have lots of questions.
Thanks for being patient with me.

I have created a new dialog box (my first one). It has a
multi-column list box in it. I want 3 columns and headings
on the columns. Can this be done easily? If not, then I
can make it one column and just separate the data with
pipes (|). That is not a problem. It does have to be
scrolling, though. No entry will be permitted in the
listbox only the selection of one line at a time. How do I
get the text into the list box? That is the big question I
have now. Thanks.

Allyson

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:56:50 GMT
 dialog list box creation and entry into

List box is rather simple control. It can be made multicolumn, but it
doesn't allow you to specify the exact number of columns or create headers
for them. To do this, you could use list view control instead. This control
is also available from the controls palette of the resource editor.

By the way, are you using MFC or writing your apps in "pure" API?

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

Quote:
> I know, I am posting a lot. I am just getting into
> developing my application and have lots of questions.
> Thanks for being patient with me.

> I have created a new dialog box (my first one). It has a
> multi-column list box in it. I want 3 columns and headings
> on the columns. Can this be done easily? If not, then I
> can make it one column and just separate the data with
> pipes (|). That is not a problem. It does have to be
> scrolling, though. No entry will be permitted in the
> listbox only the selection of one line at a time. How do I
> get the text into the list box? That is the big question I
> have now. Thanks.

> Allyson

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 01:44:11 GMT
 dialog list box creation and entry into
Thanks for the help. I am so new at this that I don't even
know what MFC is so I guess I am writing my apps in "pure
API". At least I think. I have no idea.

So, if I am using this list view control, how do I put
column heading in and create 3 columns? I will continue to
play with it as much as possible. Thanks.

Allyson

Quote:

multicolumn, but it
>doesn't allow you to specify the exact number of columns
or create headers
>for them. To do this, you could use list view control

instead. This control
Quote:
>is also available from the controls palette of the
resource editor.

>By the way, are you using MFC or writing your apps
in "pure" API?

>--
>Sincerely,
>Alexander

>http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

message

>> I know, I am posting a lot. I am just getting into
>> developing my application and have lots of questions.
>> Thanks for being patient with me.

>> I have created a new dialog box (my first one). It has a
>> multi-column list box in it. I want 3 columns and
headings
>> on the columns. Can this be done easily? If not, then I
>> can make it one column and just separate the data with
>> pipes (|). That is not a problem. It does have to be
>> scrolling, though. No entry will be permitted in the
>> listbox only the selection of one line at a time. How
do I
>> get the text into the list box? That is the big
question I
>> have now. Thanks.

>> Allyson

>.

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 01:56:56 GMT
 dialog list box creation and entry into
Take a look at the sample code on the Microsoft Developer Network - the
sample code demonstrates how to create the ListView control (using the Win32
API, not MFC), how to create the columns, and how to add items.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shel...
tform/commctls/listview/listview_using.asp

Hope this helps.

-- Mike

 rights."

Quote:
> Thanks for the help. I am so new at this that I don't even
> know what MFC is so I guess I am writing my apps in "pure
> API". At least I think. I have no idea.

> So, if I am using this list view control, how do I put
> column heading in and create 3 columns? I will continue to
> play with it as much as possible. Thanks.

> Allyson

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:06:20 GMT

1. Adding entry to a list box.

2. i cannot add an item to my list box that is located within my dialog box

3. List boxes in Modal Dialog Box

4. Disabling editing of list box items in the file open dialog box

5. Problems with List box in dynamically created dialog box

6. Problems with List box in dynamically created dialog box

7. Dialog box creation on top of Login Screen

8. dynamic creation of dialog box

9. Add a button dynamically on the creation of a Dialog Box

10. Transfer of data from an edit box in one dialog box to a list box in another dialog box II

11. Creation a RAS-Entry

12. Creation a RAS-Entry too