COM in WINCE
Author Message
 COM in WINCE

 WINCE3.0 has a richer implementation that supports in-process and
out-of-process servers, remote operation, DCOM, muti-threading, and the
apartment model.
But it does not suppott Standard Marshalling : the component developers have
to implement their own IMarshall interface. Why Microsoft does that? It is
not easy to implement IMarshal interface.

What's more, Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 has not "out-of-process server" wizard.
It also has no

apartment choice. And ATL does not support out-of-process server, and
apartment. So how can we develope a out-of-process server?

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:15:10 GMT
 COM in WINCE
You can use the Out of proc wizard from the desktop tools and then move the code over to CE. The wizards are not
supported as DCOM is not supported in the PocketPC devices and there was a serious potential for confusion amongst the
larger user base using the tools for PocketPCs. eVC4 has all the proper wizards for DCOM exes (at least the beta I have
does... who knows what the final will have?!)

--
Steve Maillet - [Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP]
Entelechy Software Consulting

Quote:

> WINCE3.0 has a richer implementation that supports in-process and
> out-of-process servers, remote operation, DCOM, muti-threading, and the
> apartment model.
> But it does not suppott Standard Marshalling : the component developers have
> to implement their own IMarshall interface. Why Microsoft does that? It is
> not easy to implement IMarshal interface.

> What's more, Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 has not "out-of-process server" wizard.
> It also has no

> apartment choice. And ATL does not support out-of-process server, and
> apartment. So how can we develope a out-of-process server?

Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:18:17 GMT

1. Initialization of COM in WinCE.NET

2. Build COM servers with vc++.net for WinCE?

3. Com Port in WinCE.NET

4. COM Server in WinCE 3.0

5. WinCE 3.0 vs. WinCE 4.0 (SDK)

6. Selling your product: cnet.com, smaller.com, mobileplanet.com, regnow.com, pocketgear.com, handango.com or what?

7. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

8. MFC and WinCE?? WinCE??

9. ATL and WinCE?

10. WinCE "OK"

11. WinCE toolkit for Visual c++...

12. JPG file into my program in WinCE????