Bitmap over Push Button
Author Message
 Bitmap over Push Button

Hi All,

  I am using EVC 3.0, Pocket PC 2002 and Compaq's iPAQ

       I am developing a dialog based application, where I
have placed a push Button at some position . Over this
Push Button I am placing a bitmap image(Just to make
button more attractive). Now the button has become
insensitive to mouse move,click, etc. No message is
generated if click(or move) on this Push Button. If I
click or move mouse on other part of dialog box I am
getting messages.

What may be the reason for this ???

Thanks and Regards
Prasanna Kumar

Sat, 28 May 2005 20:20:13 GMT
 Bitmap over Push Button
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:20:13 -0800, "Prasanna Kumar"

Quote:

>Hi All,

>  I am using EVC 3.0, Pocket PC 2002 and Compaq's iPAQ

>       I am developing a dialog based application, where I
>have placed a push Button at some position . Over this
>Push Button I am placing a bitmap image(Just to make
>button more attractive). Now the button has become
>insensitive to mouse move,click, etc. No message is
>generated if click(or move) on this Push Button. If I
>click or move mouse on other part of dialog box I am
>getting messages.

>What may be the reason for this ???

How are you doing this? If it's the way I think you are, then the
bitmap will be the active object when the mouse is over it, not the
button.

What you want is to use the BS_BITMAP style on your button, but as EVC
3.0 doesn't support that, you'll have to look into using BS_OWNERDRAW.

Sat, 28 May 2005 21:53:12 GMT
 Bitmap over Push Button
Dear  John,

Even, if consider image as the active object no message is
sent when clicked on that image(placed over button). This
is observed from Remote Spy++ utility of EVC.

Thanks and regards
Prasanna Kumar

Quote:

Sat, 28 May 2005 22:20:35 GMT
 Bitmap over Push Button
Hi

See my answer in microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded (I think it was there).
I remember that any window registers itself (it's class rather) to the
messages it want's to receive and just won't get them if it didn't ask for
them. That should explain the absence of some messages.
Stick to the OWNERDRAW Button ... ;-)
Dirk

Quote:
> Dear  John,

> Even, if consider image as the active object no message is
> sent when clicked on that image(placed over button). This
> is observed from Remote Spy++ utility of EVC.

> Thanks and regards
> Prasanna Kumar

Tue, 31 May 2005 03:24:33 GMT
 Bitmap over Push Button

Hi,
I have face the same issue before, the only solution was
to create my own custom button.

Attached are the .cpp and .h files of the custom control i
used.

Thanx,
Khalid.

Quote:

  BmpButton.zip
2K Download

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:01:08 GMT

1. Bitmap on push button in wince

2. Push Button or Bitmap

3. show a bitmap/icon on a CStatic control (checkbox with push-button look)

4. Hyperlink Buttons to appear as push button

5. Push-like Check box - setting a BITMAP -How?

6. Win32 push button.

7. Disabling Bitmap Button loses bitmap

8. How to tell if a button was pushed.

9. Creating my own push button

10. How can I show a push button !!

11. 48x48 icon on push-like radio button

12. Push button