PATH used during "post-Build" rules
Author Message
 PATH used during "post-Build" rules

Hi,

   I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the
$PATH environment variable in effect when EVC++ is
executing the post-build steps.

   Basically, it appears that the value of the $PATH
variable is copied by EVC++ during installation.  It
then uses this local copy of the $PATH variable when
executing the post-build steps.  Therefore, changes
to the system $PATH environement variable does not
take effect when executing the post-build steps.

   I have searched my registry, and located what appeared
to be the "latched" copy of the $PATH when EVC++ was
installed.  However, changing this registry value did
not change the $PATH that was active during the post-build
steps.  The build process actually restored the registry
setting I was modified back to its original value).

  I am building for the ARMV4 platform, and modified
the following registry values (without any effect).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CEStudio\4.0
   \evc\Build System\Components\Platforms\Win32 (WCE ARMV4)
   \Directories\Path Dirs

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-54938807-1632775647-102967255-2545
   \Software\Microsoft\CEStudio\4.0\evc\Build System
   \Components\Platforms\Win32 (WCE ARMV4)
   \Directories\Path Dirs

  I have also attempted to uninstall/reinstall EVC++
hoping that it would re-read my $PATH environment variable.
However, this didn't work either.

Thanks in advance for any information you might provide.

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:02:05 GMT
 PATH used during "post-Build" rules
Just add a command to your custom build to change to whatever
directory you want or to add to the PATH variable.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
Entelechy Consulting

Quote:
> Hi,

>    I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the
> $PATH environment variable in effect when EVC++ is
> executing the post-build steps.

>    Basically, it appears that the value of the $PATH
> variable is copied by EVC++ during installation.  It
> then uses this local copy of the $PATH variable when
> executing the post-build steps.  Therefore, changes
> to the system $PATH environement variable does not
> take effect when executing the post-build steps.

>    I have searched my registry, and located what appeared
> to be the "latched" copy of the $PATH when EVC++ was
> installed.  However, changing this registry value did
> not change the $PATH that was active during the post-build
> steps.  The build process actually restored the registry
> setting I was modified back to its original value).

>   I am building for the ARMV4 platform, and modified
> the following registry values (without any effect).

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CEStudio\4.0
>    \evc\Build System\Components\Platforms\Win32 (WCE ARMV4)
>    \Directories\Path Dirs

> HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-54938807-1632775647-102967255-2545
>    \Software\Microsoft\CEStudio\4.0\evc\Build System
>    \Components\Platforms\Win32 (WCE ARMV4)
>    \Directories\Path Dirs

>   I have also attempted to uninstall/reinstall EVC++
> hoping that it would re-read my $PATH environment variable.
> However, this didn't work either.

> Thanks in advance for any information you might provide.

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:26:40 GMT

1. using "Build Command Line" option

2. Rules for "implements" in VB

3. Broken Rule For "For -- Loop"

4. Linker failure "Internal error during EmitMap"

5. update "other" buttons during calculation

6. Compile error "Internal error during SetupPhase"

7. "Illegal operation" during CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog()

8. Hangs during "Launching Debugee...."

9. Difficulty with the "include path"

10. parsing "path" from arvg[1]

11. "post mortem debugging" message