socket programming through ActiveSync
Author Message
 socket programming through ActiveSync

Is it possible to run socket programming on a pocket pc connected to a
desktop pc through ActiveSync cradle?
If possible, how should it do? And how do I know the ip address of my pocket
pc?

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:35:46 GMT
 socket programming through ActiveSync
Thats an interesting question.  I have my ipaq running via a wireless
ethernet and I tried doing a new WNetEnumResource (and assorted functions),
yet I'm never able to find the ipaq...

David

Quote:
> Is it possible to run socket programming on a pocket pc connected to a
> desktop pc through ActiveSync cradle?
> If possible, how should it do? And how do I know the ip address of my
pocket
> pc?

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 03:01:34 GMT
 socket programming through ActiveSync

Yes, it's absolutely possible.  In fact that is exactly
what AS and the eVC de{*filter*} are using under the hood.

See my article "Using WinSock with Windows CE" at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
code.  The article discusses using the serial port but the
solution is the same for an Ethernet connection except
that you need to replace "ppp_peer" with the host name of
the machine you want to connect with.

Going the other way, having the desktop be the client and
the device be the server works as well.

HTH

/* Andrew */
Real Networks - Wireless Group
Software Engineer

Quote:

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:34:02 GMT
 socket programming through ActiveSync
Andrew,

Thanks for the information!

David Stockwell

Quote:

> Yes, it's absolutely possible.  In fact that is exactly
> what AS and the eVC de{*filter*} are using under the hood.

> See my article "Using WinSock with Windows CE" at
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> code.  The article discusses using the serial port but the
> solution is the same for an Ethernet connection except
> that you need to replace "ppp_peer" with the host name of
> the machine you want to connect with.

> Going the other way, having the desktop be the client and
> the device be the server works as well.

> HTH

> /* Andrew */
> Real Networks - Wireless Group
> Software Engineer

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:00:14 GMT

1. socket programming through ActiveSync cradle

2. Sockets connection over ActiveSync

3. Open a Sockets connection over ActiveSync

4. Multiple socket connection via USB activeSync

5. doing Socket communications (CSocket, CAsyncSocket) over serial cable WITHOUT activeSync

6. activesync programming..

7. ActiveSync programming..

8. Socket Programming (How to program a timeout mechanism on a read/write call)

9. Programming in C for Macs and socket programming for Macs

10. Async Socket Programming ( Disposing )

11. Socket Programming

12. How can I release a socket port while program is running