A functions and W functions
Author Message
 A functions and W functions

Hi!

I need change the compiler options to use the "A version" of C routines.
Now, I compile with "W version" and then LPTSTR is unsigned short pointer,
but I want LPTSTR like unsigned char pointer.

In the documentation, I saw that I only need put the "UNICODE preprocessor
definition" if I want the "W version" and no put it if I want "A version".

I want the "A version" and put the preprocessor definition without UNICODE,
but the compiler goes on using the "W version" routines.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks

Jordi

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:32:22 GMT
 A functions and W functions

Quote:
> Hi!

> I need change the compiler options to use the "A version" of C routines.
> Now, I compile with "W version" and then LPTSTR is unsigned short pointer,
> but I want LPTSTR like unsigned char pointer.

> In the documentation, I saw that I only need put the "UNICODE preprocessor
> definition" if I want the "W version" and no put it if I want "A version".

> I want the "A version" and put the preprocessor definition without
UNICODE,
> but the compiler goes on using the "W version" routines.

> Could anybody help me?

> Thanks

> Jordi

CE supports only unicode (W)
Whats wrong with the unicode methods?
Ks

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:15:12 GMT
 A functions and W functions

Quote:

> > Hi!

> > I need change the compiler options to use the "A version" of C routines.
> > Now, I compile with "W version" and then LPTSTR is unsigned short
pointer,
> > but I want LPTSTR like unsigned char pointer.

> > In the documentation, I saw that I only need put the "UNICODE
preprocessor
> > definition" if I want the "W version" and no put it if I want "A
version".

> > I want the "A version" and put the preprocessor definition without
> UNICODE,
> > but the compiler goes on using the "W version" routines.

[...]

Quote:
> CE supports only unicode (W)
> Whats wrong with the unicode methods?

Note that it's only the Win32 API which provides only the wide-string
methods.  In order to be a conforming standard C library implementation
(which it is, nearly), CE provides both narrow- and wide-character variants
of the standard C library (for example both sprintf and swprintf).  If you
need, for example, to send ASCII (or other 8-bit code page) over a TCP/IP
connection, format your buffers with the C library.

--
Mike Dimmick

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:07:57 GMT

1. Call a function in a function with name of a function as parameter

2. functions, functions, and more functions!

3. How to use (pointer to function), and function and pointer to (pointer to function)

4. Call C++ member function from C function ?

5. Class function pointer does not evaluate to a function

6. declaring functions inside other functions

7. function of a function and variable declaration...

8. Question : A generic function to retrieve the call parameters of a function

9. function returning a function ptr

10. Function returning a function-pointer - how to prototype ?

11. Intialize the list of functions with runtime library common function

12. Is there a similar function in C# to the shell function in VB