continuous requests...
Author Message
 continuous requests...

Hi...
I have a button control in a dialog box which when pressed, performs the
function of establishing an HTTP connection with a remote server and
downloading a page. When this button is pressed continuously very fast, the
whole application tends to get sort of hanged. Is there any way to prevent
the user from continuously pressing the button, so that we get some
breathing time??

Jerry.

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:23:51 GMT
 continuous requests...
Do the request in another thread. Disable the button until the thread
returns or release some object with
GetDlgItem(IDC_BNT)->EnableWindow(FALSE).

--

   MCP(Win2k) - MCSD(C++) - MCAD(C#)

Quote:
> Hi...
> I have a button control in a dialog box which when pressed, performs the
> function of establishing an HTTP connection with a remote server and
> downloading a page. When this button is pressed continuously very fast,
the
> whole application tends to get sort of hanged. Is there any way to prevent
> the user from continuously pressing the button, so that we get some
> breathing time??

> Jerry.

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 04:03:58 GMT

1. continuous requests...

2. HELP: Intercepting HTTP Request, Showing Login Page, and Continuing with Original Request

3. Continuous Loop

4. How To Simulate Continuous Forms

5. Continuous Sound Recording

6. Continuous output?

7. Continuous printing

8. CFormView and continuous printing

9. Printing custom continuous forms

10. Continuous WM_MOUSEMOVE events

11. Continuous update during view resize

12. Continuous Updating