How to enable C++ style Exception Handling
Author Message
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

Hello
I am using C++ style exception handling like
try
{
Quote:
}

catch (...)
{

Quote:
}

and I am getting a linker error :
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___CxxFrameHandler

Does anyone know how to make this work ?

Thanks

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 06:29:13 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

Quote:

> Hello
> I am using C++ style exception handling like
> try
> {
> }
> catch (...)
> {
> }

> and I am getting a linker error :
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> ___CxxFrameHandler

> Does anyone know how to make this work ?

Switch to CE 4.0. It's not supported in earlier versions.

--
Pete Becker

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 06:46:51 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling
Hi Thanks for the response

I did remove all the exception handling..

Still getting that linker error :

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___CxxFrameHandler

Any ideas ?

Quote:

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 06:54:23 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling
Rebuild-All is your friend! 8^)

Quote:
> Hi Thanks for the response

> I did remove all the exception handling..

> Still getting that linker error :

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> ___CxxFrameHandler

> Any ideas ?

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:19:52 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

Quote:

> Hi Thanks for the response

> I did remove all the exception handling..

> Still getting that linker error :

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> ___CxxFrameHandler

> Any ideas ?

As Steve said, rebuild all. But you've got to be sure that you undid
whatever it is that you did to get the compiler to generate that code in
the first place. There's a compiler switch that tells the compiler
whether to generate exception handling code; you did something to turn
it on, which is why the compiler generated code that used that symbol.
(Compiling code that uses exceptions doesn't turn this option on, and
removing code that uses exceptions doesn't turn it off)

--
Pete Becker

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 09:07:13 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

/GX enables the exception handling feature.

--
Geoffrey Brown
DriverSoft Consulting, Ltd.

  Hello
  I am using C++ style exception handling like
  try
  {
  }
  catch (...)
  {
  }

  and I am getting a linker error :
  error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
  ___CxxFrameHandler

  Does anyone know how to make this work ?

  Thanks

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:29:10 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

(top posting corrected)

Quote:

>>     and I am getting a linker error :
>>     error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>>     ___CxxFrameHandler
>>     Does anyone know how to make this work ?
> /GX enables the exception handling feature.

Yes, but it doesn't add __CxxFrameHandler to the runtime library, nor
does it add structured exception handling to the underlying OS.
Exceptions aren't supported on CE versions prior to 4.0.

--
Pete Becker

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:28:48 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling
In 3.0 __try{}__finally{} is supported. This is not the C++ exception
handling, but may help you.   Look it up in help.

--

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer/Project Manager

Quote:

> > Hello
> > I am using C++ style exception handling like
> > try
> > {
> > }
> > catch (...)
> > {
> > }

> > and I am getting a linker error :
> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> > ___CxxFrameHandler

> > Does anyone know how to make this work ?

> Switch to CE 4.0. It's not supported in earlier versions.

> --
> Pete Becker
> Dinkumware, Ltd. (http://www.dinkumware.com)

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:52:15 GMT
 How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

Sorry, I thought we were talking about CE 4.0.  My bad !

--
Geoffrey Brown
DriverSoft Consulting, Ltd.

  (top posting corrected)

  >>     and I am getting a linker error :
  >>     error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
  >>     ___CxxFrameHandler

  >>     Does anyone know how to make this work ?

  > /GX enables the exception handling feature.

  Yes, but it doesn't add __CxxFrameHandler to the runtime library, nor
  does it add structured exception handling to the underlying OS.
  Exceptions aren't supported on CE versions prior to 4.0.

  --
  Pete Becker

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 05:12:26 GMT

1. Enabling Exception handling causes Linker error, help!

2. Exceptions : Combining C++ and Structured Exception Handling ?

3. Exception handling in C: Good style ???

4. Enabling C++ Exceptions in ATL DLL

5. Enable C++ exception?

6. C++ Inherited Exception Handling

7. Q: Error (Exception) handling in C (not C++)

8. Java/C++ like exception handling in C

9. C type exception handling in C++ file

10. Visual C++ Bug in exception handling ?

11. C++ Exception Handling And SEH

12. Using C++ exception handling