how to execute exernal program such a Calendar on PocketPC form appplication
Author Message
 how to execute exernal program such a Calendar on PocketPC form appplication

I have two questions in VC++:

  1.. How to execute program (process) with parameter?
  The CreateProcess once I put something into cmdline parameter return to me
file not found.

  Please send me an example. My particular need is for 'poutlook.exe
calendar'

  2.. Or is it possible to call from my application shortcut and how if it
is?
The problem is that I have to execute and give focus to Calendar (PocketPC)
any other ideas?

Problem is once Calendar is active I can create another process (copy)

Thx

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:58:58 GMT
 how to execute exernal program such a Calendar on PocketPC form appplication
1. CreateProcess is the answer.  Put the name of the program in the first
parameter and the command line in the second parameter (they're both Unicode
in your code, right?)

2. I believe that ShellExecuteEx will launch a shortcut.

Paul T.

Quote:
> I have two questions in VC++:

>   1.. How to execute program (process) with parameter?
>   The CreateProcess once I put something into cmdline parameter return to
me
> file not found.

>   Please send me an example. My particular need is for 'poutlook.exe
> calendar'

>   2.. Or is it possible to call from my application shortcut and how if it
> is?
> The problem is that I have to execute and give focus to Calendar
(PocketPC)
> any other ideas?

> Problem is once Calendar is active I can create another process (copy)

> Thx

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:49:49 GMT
 how to execute exernal program such a Calendar on PocketPC form appplication
Yes everything is in Unicode but
 1. CreateProcess - once I put any thing into second parameter I recieve
error code 2 (file not file) it doesn't metter what I put. If I pass the
same string (mean ref.) to first and second then it's ok but I still can't
past parameters. Platform is PocketPC 2002 Windows CE 3.0 I believe.
 2. There are a planty of parameters for ShellExecuteEx.
 Do you have any example how I can do this?
3. Do you know the extansion of shortcut (Filename.?)

Quote:
> 1. CreateProcess is the answer.  Put the name of the program in the first
> parameter and the command line in the second parameter (they're both
Unicode
> in your code, right?)

> 2. I believe that ShellExecuteEx will launch a shortcut.

> Paul T.

> > I have two questions in VC++:

> >   1.. How to execute program (process) with parameter?
> >   The CreateProcess once I put something into cmdline parameter return
> me
> > file not found.

> >   Please send me an example. My particular need is for 'poutlook.exe
> > calendar'

> >   2.. Or is it possible to call from my application shortcut and how if
it
> > is?
> > The problem is that I have to execute and give focus to Calendar
> (PocketPC)
> > any other ideas?

> > Problem is once Calendar is active I can create another process (copy)

> > Thx

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:39:47 GMT
 how to execute exernal program such a Calendar on PocketPC form appplication
And some thing else:
Once I try to execute Calender.lnk I recieve error 5 (access denied) - for
ShellExecuteEx. All other attempts were unsuccessful - (I mean I tried to
exec Calendar, Calender. - but I recieved file not found)

Thx

Quote:
> 1. CreateProcess is the answer.  Put the name of the program in the first
> parameter and the command line in the second parameter (they're both
Unicode
> in your code, right?)

> 2. I believe that ShellExecuteEx will launch a shortcut.

> Paul T.

> > I have two questions in VC++:

> >   1.. How to execute program (process) with parameter?
> >   The CreateProcess once I put something into cmdline parameter return
> me
> > file not found.

> >   Please send me an example. My particular need is for 'poutlook.exe
> > calendar'

> >   2.. Or is it possible to call from my application shortcut and how if
it
> > is?
> > The problem is that I have to execute and give focus to Calendar
> (PocketPC)
> > any other ideas?

> > Problem is once Calendar is active I can create another process (copy)

> > Thx

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:59:49 GMT
 how to execute exernal program such a Calendar on PocketPC form appplication
Thx Paul

I think I resolve the problem.

Quote:
> 1. CreateProcess is the answer.  Put the name of the program in the first
> parameter and the command line in the second parameter (they're both
Unicode
> in your code, right?)

> 2. I believe that ShellExecuteEx will launch a shortcut.

> Paul T.

> > I have two questions in VC++:

> >   1.. How to execute program (process) with parameter?
> >   The CreateProcess once I put something into cmdline parameter return
> me
> > file not found.

> >   Please send me an example. My particular need is for 'poutlook.exe
> > calendar'

> >   2.. Or is it possible to call from my application shortcut and how if
it
> > is?
> > The problem is that I have to execute and give focus to Calendar
> (PocketPC)
> > any other ideas?

> > Problem is once Calendar is active I can create another process (copy)

> > Thx

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 02:08:15 GMT

1. HELP : EXECUTE a .exe program within a c or c++ program

2. Executing a program in a program

3. IF i execute that program, that Program Disappears(maybe end)

4. execute program to dll program

5. Executing program within an other program

6. : when execute a program in other program by function

7. Executing a program inside my program

8. Program to convert simple html forms to aspx form controls

9. How to start exernal application with specified file ?

10. PocketPC & PocketPC 2002 Pre-processor question

11. write to registry when install the appplication

12. web appplication without FrontPage extensions